Wednesday, May 10, 2006

Kids R just kids..

My girl never fails to amuse me.

Just today, she told me..
A : Mummy, I want Got (God) to come to my house
M : (feigning ignorance) Got who?
A : Got (God). Jesus. I want Jesus come to my house
M : God is always in our house
A : Mummy, Jesus love me leh.....
M : Aha. Why do you say that?
A : Because Jesus never scold me.
M : (bursts out laughing)

Then she started singing " Jesus Loves me". Everything went well until she sang this part : -
" Jesus loves me this I know for the barber (Bible) tells me so. "
Everytime she sings this part I start laughing. And then she shut me up "mummy keep quiet, I am singing." I can't bear to correct her singing at that time cause it really sounded so cute. I did correct her after some time but she still say it's 'barber'.

Then I tried asking her to say her prayers before she sleeps.
She went : "Hands together, close my eyes. Early in the morning I sing a happy song.. ay no no no."
"Hands together, close my eyes. Thank you Got (God) for asking mummy to buy me cookies; thank you Got (God) for mummy read me book book; thank you Got (God) for mummy give me do painting. Amen. " - this also can pray huh??


* laughs *

Apart from the holy conversations we had, I was giving her her daily lessons. And today I was teaching her on 运动员(athlete). When I was reading a few sentences ending with the two words 比赛 (match) behind. She looked at me and said "mummy, mummy I know this word 比赛, it means nose dirt (and she pretends to dig her nose while giving me that cheeky look )."

6 comments:

A Girl From Texas said...

There is another blogger who has a daughter about the same age as yours whose name is Athena. AND, this woman just recently gave birth to a second child.

Her blog is:

http://ecaran.blogspot.com/

I promise, this is not a Spam post, though it does seem to look like it. :)

Lily Ann said...

Thanks. Will read it soon.

ros said...

Athena is so cute! I like the say she can change the words in her prayers but at least it shows she is sincere lor. As for the Bi Sai vs Pi Sai, well kids are kids! Hee Hee!

Lily Ann said...

Yah.. she didn't know what to thank God for but well.. children r innocent to thank for every single thing which were to their benefit.

A Girl From Texas said...

Do you know what the sex is of the baby you are carrying?

Lily Ann said...

No. Baby didn't co-operate with us.