Sunday, November 30, 2008

Shopping

Last minute hubby decided to do some major shopping for.......Christmas?

Bought a
Nissan Sulphy since his car is reaching the 4th yr next March. Initially he wanted the Qashqai, I didn't like the look. The SA showed us the Qashqai Premium, which is nice - it has those glass sunroof to con the children to sit down quietly to look at the stars or... to make life difficult for ourselves when they keep insisting us to open up the sunroof or to have that whiny che-che to complain "the lights shine to my every side". But it's not ideal, I felt it was a squeeze behind.
He's been wanting to get a SUV, my standard very high, one glance and pointed one to him in the distance "that is nice!!" Walked closer, it's a
Murano. "Of course nice lah! Expensive of the lot!!" he said. But I don't like SUV and I'll panic if I drive it. It's like a man's car.

Next in line was
Latio, which I hated the design and told him I prefer the Sulphy instead. Latio is cramp at the back and SA agreed that it's not used-to-seeing-it since we've been driving a Sunny, Sulphy would feel a little spacious. We didn't look at Teana, it's looks nice on the website now but didn't look attractive when we were there.
Strange? This time round he doesn't keep asking me for my opinion "which one do you like? Which one do you like?" 4 years ago we car-hunted in Ubi area and he asked, my answer was "whatever is comfortable with you, you're the one paying not me!" Go to another showroom, he asked again. It continued a few times until I teased him and said "let's go to Performance or C&C". He kept quiet and continued walking. I nudged che-che to ask him to stop walking and he ignored me. Hee!
But after we test drive the Qashqai Premium, he did ask me. It's nice that he gets my opinion and frankly I know nuts about car. But I do realise that he normally choose the car that I keep eyeing (shucks! he didn't know I was eyeing on the nice-to-look at but impossible for us to drive Roadster????? - Anyway not suitable since it's suppose to be a family car). Happy with the purchase? Ehh.........he'll be the one driving it most of the time so he should feel happy. He must feel comfortable with what he's paying, as long as it's a car and can get us anywhere I am happy.

But I'm a little sad that we're going to bid it farewell soon. This car served me well, and I had such close attachment to this car coz' I was the one who sent it for all the TLC (tender loving care) treatments at Tan Chong. This car sped along with me on the expressways with no camera snapping (thank goodness); this car saw me through my whole pregnancy - with my belly sticking out and driving till I birth and get to sit in the front passenger seat like a handicap (stitches painful) on the day I got back home with mei-mei. I took extreme good care of this car cleaning the leather, hubby don't even bother, until the day my Ms Subaru came. I didn't sit in his car until about 2 weeks later and was angry with the way he treated his car.




No comments: