Friday, November 28, 2008

Aricia word recognition

Aricia is able to recognise Japanese characters better than Chinese characters. I wrote the word 妈妈 - mother on the whiteboard and she stared at it. The moment I started writing hiragana, she opened her golden mouth. I jumbled up the words and she was still able to read it.

Over exposure on Japanese language? I think so -- when I'm showing her pictures >
"Aricia, this is grapes. 这是葡萄" Her response? ブドウ
" Aricia, this is apple. 这是苹果" Her response? リンゴ

But if compared with Athena, Athena was able to read her Chinese words better than English where she had to read them phonetically. But if I read and ask Athena to point out words, she does get some anwers right.

Which is the reason why I need to get Chinese materials for mei-mei.

Aricia is able to read some animals English words in her own pronuncation. Very impressive! Must admit her absorption is better than che-che.

So for those who don't believe that Glenn doman don't work. It works! Well for both my children. I don't know if Athena's ability to read was due to that.


No comments: