Thursday, October 2, 2008

Mumblings

KZ, through her friend, received news that her sister (has stomach cancer) passed away. She called back home only to be told the truth that she was with the Lord on 18th September. Oh my! That was 2 weeks ago!! And they didn't call her? And she didn't even find out anything when she went to church on Sunday-28th? (it was for her Kachin community)

Granted her the chance to go back home. Initially she didn't want it until I told her reasons from a mother's point of view. She decided that okay, she shall go back home to see her mother. But she also regretted not taking the offer to go back the other time. At least she would have seen her for the last time. She is feeling really shitty... How many times have we lived our live in regrets? Plentiful!

So, it's quite a hasty decision to send her back home. Initially had intended to give her one week and then let her resume the one month home leave at end-Nov. But...she's gotta take 1 day each time before she flies back for payment of income tax @ the Embassy - which I must say is very troublesome!! So, brought forward her home leave. With that change, I've incurred so much $$. Goash! The amount I finally paid, I can simply get her a SilkAir ticket home instead of Jetstar. Sigh....

And so it means no more gyming for the next one month. Fat fat fat!! I'll be busy busy busy with housework + kids. I looked @ hubby and asked "you're not going on any business trips right?" he paused @ my question and didn't answer me. Gasp! If it does happen, I'm going to discotheque for Happy Hour with my 2 kids - makes babysitting much easier and fun. Hee!
With small little changes, I gotta work hard and my just turned a little smooth hands will finally get to touch bleaches and Dettols and what nots. Instead of gym days on Wednesdays, maybe I'll be resuming back my Ah-soh days on every Wednesdays??
I thought maybe on that day, after I dropped Athena in school. I'll leave Aricia @ mom's place while I rush back home to do the major cleaning - windows, rugs, fans, toilets apart from the usual sweep/mop/laundry. Then back to mom's place for dinner and bring Athena for her music lesson while they babysit, then..... back home with lil' girl.
I have initially considered asking mom to come over to help me but she has to take care of Iggy, how can she cope? Then instead of her helping me, I have to end up helping her. Worst still, is that when she does come over with Iggy on other days before - she can't cope. And........Iggy cannot sleep @ my place coz' no sarong!!!! It'll definitely be much easier for me to bring Aricia over, all I need to do is to simply bring her over. She sleeps anywhere without hugging anything.

Bringing forward her home leave means she'll not spend Xmas with her family. Means I may still be able to have 1-2 playdates in my home with Athena's friends. Means she'll be able to attend Athena's graduation and concert. Means I may have to really rush through preparing her birthday party only once she comes back- I mean just in case coz' mainly a couple of things are already done except for games (maybe) + invitation cards + food. Means I cannot do flashcards then, so what I did earlier was to try to finish 2 stacks. And bad luck - I cut myself. while cutting the papers! It didn't stop bleeding even tho I applied pressure, blood oozes out just nice for Halloween celebration. Suay! Gotta stop, hopefully can find some time to do some during her absence. Argh! Means..........I cannot bake!!!



No comments: