Sunday, October 5, 2008

Birthday cake

Aww... so sweet. Hubby got me a cake to celebrate my birthday a few days in advance and he did surprise me!! Actually I think I should have suspected something fishy going on when Athena just came to ask me "mummy is it your birthday on XX?" That means they must have talked about it in the living room without my knowledge while I was busy printing flashcards in the room.

Lucky hubby, this year he wasn't stuck in some country & being forced to buy me present. Poor me, no other surprises from him.

Athena volunteered to carry the cake box for us (normally she'd complain heavy, poke my leg etc....) On our way back home, Athena asked me "mummy, later can you let mei-mei stand in the middle and I stand next to her?" I asked her why since they always do that every time. Her innocent & frank answer - "because you will take photos of us and take video so you have no place." I teased her that I should be in the video since it's my birthday. Her reply was "okay lor.... I don't be in the video this time." You think she'd do it? Fat hope!!

The moment we stepped into the house, she assigned mei-mei "mei-mei take the newspaper put on table." That lil' girl obediently ran to take newspaper and ran to the coffee table. So cute! She opened up the newspaper too. See how excited the 2 of them are.
** notice - I'm not in the pictures!!! It's my birthday, not theirs!!

2 comments:

Roslyn said...

Happy birthday, Lily! You're only 30, so young!

Lily Ann said...

Thanks alot, Ros!
Haha! It's 3 + 3, didn't put the smaller 3. *sensitive*
Athena asked, "mummy, you're only 3 years-old?"