Thursday, March 16, 2023

Sambal ikan bilis

I portioned yesterday’s sambal ikan bilis into half and gave one bottle to mom. 

I know it’s not that sweet because I used my lakanto sweetener. Replaced soy sauce with my organic tamari which is usually saltier than normal soy sauce. It also has that tinge of sour from lemon 🍋 juice instead of tamarind (is NOT keto friendly) and honestly I was worried if she wouldn’t like it. I was relieved when she said the taste is okay 👌. Hubby tried it and nodded his head. I’ll do the full portion next time. Maybe next time do one batch of the original recipe for them. 

Mom’s advice (which I will try to do it the next time) is to grind the big onion with the shallots and garlic. Explained that the flavour will burst into the sambal. 

For dinner, I took my keto bread roll and put some sambal ikan bilis in it. Hee! Now I’ll have my sambal ikan bilis roll. “Out of this world” from the voice autobot 






No comments: