Wednesday, March 1, 2023

Reunion with the batchgirls

Background 
Batch 421 formed on Feb 1995. 17 (10 girls and 7 boys) of us blur sotongs joined the best airline in the world; to be the best flight attendants the world talked about. Newbies who all looked so toot (obiang in other words) with that red lipstick, everything was very new very exciting for us as we went through months of training together. We studied modules (only to be told air larder may be put in different compartments on board. Duh!) , we jumped into the water climbing into rafts, we learnt to put on make up and tie our tight char-siew bun. 

Our lives went on different routes as we all graduated. 3 of them completed the bond and left. The rests of us sometimes we may bump into each other in Control Centre but usually can't have a proper talk as someone is usually rushing off for briefing. 

28 years since we graduated! Some we haven't seen for at least 26 years! My batch girl S and I were in the same LSS batch, another girl H was supposed to be in the same batch 07/01 with us but she had to tender her resignation letter with a baby bump. Most of us left without the others knowing, I left the airline not long and attended MH's wedding. My batchies were amongst the first I shared that I had just tendered my resignation letter, not in my first trimester so the elderly will say better not divulge any pregnancy news but I did because I know I won't be seeing the flying crew family any time. 

It's amazing, I was in constant contact with MH for the longest, our youngest kids grew and played together since young. And we've been so close that I totally forgot we were batchgirls. Haha! 

Still jetting
Out of 7 guys, 4 still flying. Amongst the girls here, the one who said she will resign soon turned out to be the last standing one. SHE LIED! 

The long awaited reunion
All become aunties liao. All are mummies except the one still flying.

We had so much to talk about in that short time. I hope we won't have to wait long to meet again. 

Here's to all my batch girls. Thank you for making memories with me when I was 20. Love you all!  



 

No comments: