Monday, March 20, 2023

Che-che and her 日本語

Been hearing che che play Japanese songs - her なにわ男子. And can sing the words properly. Asked if she read the romanji but said no. Told her that she can learn the language. 

In aircraft saw her practicing Japanese writing. So funny! In hotel in Phuket also practicing. 

Argue with me why use chotto must say chotto matte kudasai. I rattled off can also say shosho o machi kudasai. And she was “I don’t understand what you’re saying.” Funny! 

Like a curious 4 year-old. She's going to be 21 for goodness sake! Check the internet for your answers!
20th dinner at Japanese restaurant asked me so many questions on why China is called China. Why Japan is called Japan. Like I know?!! 
Why they call it niku udon? 
Why yakitori, what eat bird? 
I couldn’t bother to answer her; please let me eat in peace. If she was younger I would tell her "let's find the answers together" and she can sit on my lap while we search for answers. But now.... I can't tell her off too but find it hilarious lor! Don't make me answer her and choke on my onsen egg.   

Good to learn the language
Told her it's good to pick up a new language. 
I love the language too which is why I picked it up when I was 17. 
But in all honesty, as she had told me about a language module in Year 3, I told her to pick up a more universal language like German or French. Japanese can only use in Japan or speak to Japanese people, not a universal language. Oops! I hope I have not offended any Japanese here.    

No comments: