Wednesday, March 15, 2023

Thermie #7

This is my lucky number, so will I be lucky with my masak masak today?

One of the reason, or an excuse rather, to get a Thermomix was to do my sambal without getting the kitchen extremely oily* 


While the machine rumbles, I can turn my back to wash the dishes. 
Aiyoh looks so messy inside




Easy peasy, no fuss no mess. 

For my record purposes, this is the recipe I took from Thermomix Singapore FB page









I did half portion and these are the adjustments made :

Sambal Ikan Bilis

10g lemon juice

60g water

eyeballed some sugar to add into the lemon water mixture

60g dried chillies,deseeded and soaked until soft

3 garlic cloves

80g shallots

20g EV olive oil


Sambal Ikan Bilis

8g organic tamari sauce

40g or more lakanto sweetener. I eyeballed

1/2 tsp salt

30-40g anchovies (ikan bilis), deep fried. I think coz eyeballed amount

120g onions (approx. less than 1 onion), thinly sliced


There are a lot of recipes online, some asks for belacan, lemongrass, candlenuts etc.. not sure what’s the difference in taste 

No comments: