Tuesday, March 28, 2023

Repainting the whole compound (timeline)

This is long overdue, the whole place looks so run down (even worst looking than the HDB next to us). I thought the paint project was suppose to start last year but they only came to check on the defects other neighbours and I reported last July/August, which means the paint job can only be done this year after CNY.

It's a much anticipated welcome change when they began washing the blocks. 

On 21st Feb, I was returning home with the girls when I noticed they started washing our stack. A guy was washing the exterior wall, I stopped and asked him if they were going to wash the PES. Next minute, a man's head pop up from the PES. He jumped over the wall to get inside.

Told them I'd leave my gate un-padlocked for time being so they can come in anytime they want. "Please don't jump over the wall. Open the gate and come in and out safely." I'm not sure if the other 1st floor neighbours allow the workers access as freely as I do.

Here, the guy was washing the mouldy walls (which is always so difficult to scrub).Che-che and I stood at the living area watching them washing the walls and the floor. Omg! So dirty.       


Makes me want to buy a high pressure jet 


25th Feb (Sat)
Jon, the contractor doing the repainting works came into the house to check on the seepage in our living area. Unfortunately they cannot do the wall repair for us as they have 59 cases in our condo. If he do for me means he'll have to do for the rests. It's unfair, why should I bear the extra cost for lousy works by Sim Lian?  I will have to ask the painters to do it next time when we want to re-paint the house.   

4th Mar (Sat) 
was the first time I saw cloth lined on the floor. They're prepping to paint the side of the block.

6th Mar (Mon)
We've had the 1st level access gate blocked off, so for the time being I will park the car in basement.
But it does feel as if I have a private lift to my unit (haha!) coz there is no way anyone would be coming in / leaving from this floor.   

Blocked outside too! 


The guys are able to come in and out of my PES with ease. Reminds me that I should get some cold drinks for them and snacks for their hard work.

8th Mar (Wed)

The spidermen in my stack today as I saw the rope dangling. Guy was polite, he saw me sitting on the sofa and asked if he can open the gate. Laid extra cloth over my water feature. I asked him to move the plants inside. He replied with a "I can?" I thought to myself, did he intend to do the rapelling with the plants in the way?
They sound like Myanmese and I confirmed with them. 

Anyway, I really hope they mend that crack again before painting my exterior. Unexpected rainy season now makes my living floor area wet again. Sigh......  


10th and 11th Mar (Fri and Sat)

For 2 days the workers were mainly working over here so I still hear the workers opening our gate. They were painting upstairs, a few times I think they came in to clean the parapet? 


On Sat I heard some workers at the back and realised they’ve sealed up the back. No cross air flow in the house so it feels a little hotter than usual 🥵


I kindda like This bare look too! Makes my PES look so spacious 
Plants all moved here temporary. I may have to move it back soon since the ☀️ is out and my adeniums badly need the sunlight. 


15th Mar (Wed)
They’ve removed the plastic off this part and can see that they’re painting the other stack. 






Only the plastic over this part of yard area remains

28th Mar (Tue)
Guy finally painted our PES. The previous Saturday was a failed attempt, when after laying the protector sheets on the floor it started to drizzle. 



I couldn’t help but laugh. Why did he paint over this hook? Does this mean I cannot remove this hook now; knowing there’ll be broken paint and unpainted small section. 

The whole PES look so clean now. I love it! But I have no idea why I haven’t seen them painting Block 10B yet. 


3rd May (Wed)
Came by to paint the gate. I didn’t know that the gate is included. Hubby said “yah. Otherwise the gate look so ….” 
But….it will not match those brown coloured zip track lor….. Oh well, lucky I didn’t propose to change to ziptrack now. 









   

No comments: