Friday, March 24, 2023

Phuket

19th Mar (Sun)

Had an eventful morning after check-in. We went to the canteen for breakfast and lil’ one was getting anxious, worried and naggy. She was afraid the same thing will happen to her on this flight again. (On our last FUK trip, she had coffee in the night at the airport for the red-eye flight. During take-off she was so uncomfortable and complaint she felt painful in her heart. I felt she was clammy and breaking out in cold sweats. Aircraft was already picking up speed along the runway, all crew were already seated and running through safety drills in their mind. No worries, her mom is trained. If CPR fails, I can give her a tight slap to wake her up. It was both peppermint and lavender oil to the rescue. Fanning her to keep her well ventilated, gave instructions and counted with her to make sure she inhales (1-2-3) and exhales (1-2-3) by opening her mouth. At the same time rubbing her hands and forehead to have circulation around her. Both my hands were busy. By miracle, she felt back to usual after the aircraft was at cruising altitude. Strange. While all this drama unfold before me, che-che who was seated next to her thought she was exaggerating her discomfort when I first told her to help me fan her while I try to grab my bag from under the seat to take out the oils. Hubby was oblivious coz he dozed off. So lucky I sat next to her.) She was perfectly fine this flight, told her to keep off caffeine to be safe. 

Arrived Phuket at 10am. Took cab (800baht) to hotel. Too early for check-in but we did the paperwork anyway. 

Heat is too hot to handle (we barely spent a day here! I wonder how the pampered royal family will survive for the next 4 days 😜). Before we left for the nearby mall, I reached out for an umbrella and the small sunblock cream in the luggage. Lil’ one says I’m ahjumma but someone did share umbrella with me at one point. It’s SO HOT!! 🥵 . I would have take  out my UV protection sleeve if I remembered where I packed them. 



Look like a weirdo sticking out - a lady in jeans 👖 and an umbrella. I think the girls can find me if they/I get lost. 

Had lunch at Jungceylon, which had few stalls closed in the foodcourt and that few retail shops upstairs. Still, I was so glad to be inside the mall away from the heat. Initially we thought that covid must have caused shops to close but we learnt 2 days later that it was the newer part that was re-opened thus there were lesser shops in this part of Jungceylon as shown circled in pink than the other (circled green)

Ok, wanted to try to stay on keto but …..the roasted pork portion in the stall is so pathetic. How many plates of rice and soup will I have to waste just to eat my usually huge amount of roasted 🐖? Thai food also uses sugar in their cooking, so how? Forget it! Will re-start once I’m back. 

And such poor discipline I have that I decided to drown my sorrow happiness in ice-cream. Yup! I had a headache but it wasn’t that bad at all. Probably due to the fact that I had only gone back keto for only about 2-3weeks (before breaking rules again) and body still had the remnants of sugary stuffs I had for the last 5 months. Stupid logic 😂 but what the heck sugar or not I’ll eat first and think about the consequences later.


Went back to hotel at 2pm. Key card given and we went into the room. Last to shower,as usual, and I am finally clean and cooled in an 18 deg cel room (I lowered the temperature) at 3.41pm. Good! Took a 💤 and don’t feel like going out anymore 🤣. 

Left hotel around 6.05 and walked towards Patong Beach via Bangla Road. HOT again. OMG! I’m beginning to regret coming here. The only thing I can look forward to is to meet up with Richard and Irene whom we’ve not met since 2019(?)

This building speaks for itself. Such a good idea for a cannabis shop. I noticed lots of cannabis shops last year in Bangkok.

Just along the road where our hotel is and Bangla Road, one will notice cannabis dispensaries every few steps. We hate the smell! I hope the girls will not pick it up in their whole life. Some things are better left without trying. I’ve never picked up a cigarette myself! 


Shocking discovery

So why are there so many cannabis shops in Thailand now? I can’t remember if there were any or that many shops in 2018 - the last time I stepped in Bangkok. Now with the tourists back, the dispensaries are happy that money is rolling into their pocket while customers are rolling their cannabis. 

It is a crime for Singaporeans to consume drugs overseas. Read this : CNA Explains why is it against the law for Singaporeans and PRs to take drugs overseas? 

When I was in SQ, I’ve heard of crew going to cannabis joints in AMS. Now Thailand has become the Amsterdam in the east. 

 

Some time late last year there was an article about a lady accidentally consuming cannabis that was boiled in a soup in Bangkok. After that, I paid attention to the cannabis logo and made sure that we don’t accidentally consume cannabis. 

Yay! I found my answers to when Thailand legalised medicinal marijuana. Read this


At Patong Beach. The females in the family are really useless, we all went “yuck sand sand sand.” That explains why we aren’t really the Sun Sand Sea family. We are more of the Sightsee, Shop, Sit family 😜 




Had dinner at a food court in Central. I ordered my must have pad krapow, lil’ one had spaghetti, che-che ordered ramyeon and hubby beef goulash meal. But after that I changed mine with che-che as she found the ramyeon too spicy for her liking 

20th Mar (Mon)
Joined tour to Monkey Cave, ATV and Rafting. 
The ladies couldn’t go into the cave which is also a temple as we were in shorts so hubby was tasked to go in and snap a few photos for me. 
Rafting her fear etc.. she did well 
Dinner at jap restaurant. 

Che-che said “ I’m so sticky. I hate it.” 

21st Mar (Tue)
Met rich n Irene at 11.30. Proceeded to coffee place for a chat in aircon place. 
Talked and walked along Patong Beach. It was too hot to do anything, and there was nothing in our area! 
Went back to Central to have late lunch/early dinner at 4pm. We went back hotel at close to 6pm, it was a short meetup and hopefully we don’t have to wait long for the next one. 

Some pics for memory : -

Lovely friends. I’ve known Richard since 2000! SIN-LHR flight



22nd Mar (Wed) 
A very slow and super relaxed day. Had our breakfast later than usual. Left the hotel close to 11am. This is the second time I’m using Grab and I’m getting the hang of it. A mini van came by. Is that what they called GrabCar Plus? I simply chose the cheapest ( 456THB) option 🤣.  
Hubby must have thought the Old Town is nearby where we were, so we just left the mall after lunch to go back to hotel for rest before the Simon Cabaret Show in the late afternoon. 


Performers lined up after the show to pose for photos. Must give tips, that's how they earn extras. We were not interested.

I'm interested in spotting Venus so outstanding in the dark sky, and it's FREE!   


Had dinner at McDonalds near our hotel. Hubby asked if to go shopping or massage but none of us wanted. All we want is a good shower; snuggle in bed and do whatever we want on our phones. 


23rd Mar (Thu)

Check out day. Went for a massage just opposite our hotel after slow breakfast.




Scardy lil' one opted for foot massage while we all opted for body massage. 


Walking to the mall to find lunch. Walked past here >>


Just 2 days ago, all 6 of us were seated where the 2 ladies are and chatted. When will be meet again? I don't know. 


Lunch at Japanese


Grabbed to airport and now on the plane, otw home.


That's the end of our short holiday. 
It was the fastest imovie I did in one day. 1h 19mins 33 secs 





















  




   



No comments: