Friday, January 22, 2010

CNY Baking I

Spent an entire day baking my first batch of Pineapple Tarts.

I started on my work when the kids were napping, both kids napped for a long time and I didn't have any distractions eg. children not doing their work etc..

Helps that ready-made fillings are easily available so I don't have to stand infront of a stove and stir like siao! Mom used to slave over the hot stove for us.

Really pleased with this first batch, first attempt on this new recipe.


Most importantly, it melts in your mouth. My fillings were generous coz' I was using my scales to diligently measure every filling and dough. I could only round to 10g each. But nobody's complaining, especially che-che who loves Pineapple Tarts. She kept asking for more
Hours of hard work, (butt pain) yields 3 cans + some into our mouths. Actually I could have made another 40 over pieces but ran out of filling and too lazy to go out and buy.
I added M&Ms to the rests of the dough. Hmm......taste funny with this kind of melt-in-your-mouth dough.

Batch II and more coming up - hopefully!

No comments: