Friday, March 20, 2009

你好! - Part III

Day 6 - 19th (Thursday)
I was up early, gave the children their breakfast and packed some food for them to bring out. I have no idea how long the photoshoot is going to take.

Cabbed down all the way to Nanjing Rd E. Far and + traffic jam. Seems to have traffic jams all the time!!

4 costumes for both children. Ehh....they have costumes for Princess but the only one that fits Athena is Snow White and non for Aricia. *sob sob* Was a little disppointed with the wardrobe they have, I guess after what I saw in Pudong, this is really nothing. But don't forget the price hor?!
Athena chose Snow White, mermaid (not the Disney kind), a pink dress that suppose to be a princess and a casual wear. I chose for Aricia an angel dress, bikini (to match with mermaid), white/red dress and a casual wear.

Photoshoot is .. tiring. Tiring for me coz' Aricia don't really understands chinese that well. So I have to translate "sit down, move one step back" etc.. to her. Proud to say she listens to instructions but ... sometimes needs a little bribery. I didn't have to worry for Athena, she understands what her photographer told her to do.
The children were playing and I could see how much Aricia enjoyed herself tumbling around. sigh.......that girl hor....I worry she'd break her bones.

Left for lunch at Chamate where the children ate minced pork + white rice + my furikake. The children first tried their food in Hangzhou. Realised they ate that so better to play safe than to let them make me go fuming mad. Athena asked to order her Chocolate Souffle, which I obliged provided she finishes her meal. She being the greedy; cannot lose out kind ate more than Aricia. I'm more worried about Aricia coz' she is typically more fussy this trip and she's so skinny!! I packed another set for dinner.

Headed back to studio to select photos. In the end, I bought another book for each of them coz' I'm stuck with 30+ photos. Athena was so sweet to select her 16" photo of the two of them together.

Wanted to walk around the Bao Da Xiang, I want to look for nice clothes for the children. But Athena kept asking to go back to the place which sells Hello Kitty pencil. We left the place and oh boy! I can't seem to recall which mall was that. Didn't find it, told her that I could bring her to another mall in another place we went on Monday night to see what they sell there. She said she'll look around.
Went to the Shanghai Book City, the biggest bookstore, to look for my things. I can't believe it, I can't find it!! Anyway, let me tell you the bigger the bookstore is; the service sucks. Nobody even offered to help me; just kept directing me. But Athena managed to buy another thing -12 Dancing Princess pencil - which I told her she already has something similiar from her birthday favor bag last year. She insisted on having it, ai yah.. better to stop her from complaining later I let her be.

Reached hotel at 7+. Hubby's not back yet. He came back about hour later, the children had already done their "fishing", dinner and were watching アンパンマン. Athena climbed into the bed herself and snuggled up - no protesting -she promptly fell asleep. I brought Aricia to bed too, coz' she was sitting down and watching the DVD - which is very unlike of her. Less than 5 mins, two girls were in their dreamland. They were that exhausted!!

Day 7 - 20th (Friday)
Hubby declared "I'm only going into the office for half day today. I asked him if this was how he normally do on his work trip to SHA? And he don't have to accompany us. His reply "I decide my own working hours." Wah...so good huh?

The children and myself didn't step out of the room. They had their breakfast in the room. Hey! I'm beginning to like that island table top. Maybe next time, if we move, should do that in our kitchen.

I brought some work for Athena to do, don't think I'm that kind to her. Haha! Taught her conjunctions and then she's off to do her work. English + Maths + Chinese. Lucky thing, we managed to clear her school's e-homework on Monday night. I did some Shichida homework with Aricia and watched her play her Stiles. Half an hour later, Aricia climbed into the bed herself and fell asleep. Suddenly I'm left with nothing to do and I feel like dozing off myself. I kept myself awake by reading National Geographic. Some time later Athena came to me and told me she's tired. We all fell asleep.........until I heard hubby trying to open the door.

The children slept for another half hour before they woke up by themselves. Dressed them up and then we went to Barbie Store. Lunched in a different restaurant near the store - they had their udon again.

The things are so expensive in the store. Athena bought her stationeries (again). This time it's the Diamond Castle. But the store looks so nice.

Left for Yu Yuan, I've been there before many years ago before I left SQ. Wanted to bring the kids this time too but didn't. He suggested to go there. The place brings back memories. I remember there was this bridal sedan thing and I went to have a photo taken in the kua. I was smiling gleefully, like I can't wait to get married like that. Haha! That was like the only time I could explore Shanghai during my years with the company. Most of the time our stay is one night stay, arrive at 4+ pm, we have dinner; sleep and checkout the next day. That one and only time my CS, another stewardess and myself were lucky to stay additonal days was coz' we operated another aircraft back while our team mates left days before as they went back with a smaller configuration aircraft.

I then remembered my cui pi dou fu.. I told hubby it's opposite the hotel we stayed last time, Westin Tai Ping Yang. That man can tell me, "that hotel is very near to where we stay." Wow! If only I told him earlier I might have a chance to relinquish that taste (if that restaurant is still there).
Somehow on our way back via the elevated highway. I thought saw the hotel, it's been renamed to Sheraton.

As the taxi was making the turn near our hotel to 古北店, hubby pointed out the direction of the old Westin Tai Ping Yang. Yup! That was the hotel I saw.

In the taxi, we were talking about something and then Athena asked hubby "papa, how come you know the place." "Daddy knows Shanghai very well." I think I fully agree with him, he knows the place so much better than me. Afterall, all I did was nightstops and I only knew the hotel; restaurant and Friendship Store. I didn't have any idea how life is like in Shanghai (though I wouldn't say I know very well) until I stayed so long this time round. And nope.... though Shanghai is the modern city of all in China, I wouldn't want to stay here. I don't like the air, I don't like the dust. I don't like it when the automobile sweeper came by trying to suck up rubbish ends up sweeping dusts onto us. I don't like getting stressed over here fighting for taxis. I don't like the idea of eating Roti Prata without curry. I DON'T LIKE THE IDEA THAT THE HOLIDAY IS COMING TO AN END!!!

Flight is tomorrow, home is still the best. Though I must admit I'm beginning to like the idea of not doing any home sessions with Aricia and asking Athena to quickly do her work so that she can practise her piano etc....
I have a hunch, now that I'm talking about my team, I'm going to meet someone from that team tomorrow.

No comments: