Monday, March 9, 2009

My days

Friday
Sent my car for servicing, while waiting I went to Taka to do my shopping. And it's way too
rushing for me, the shops open at 10am. I need to pop by 3 places in a span of 1 1/2hr. *pant pant* before going back to the workshop to collect the car and fetch Aricia.

First stop was to buy a gift for Richard & Irene who are heading here. (Haven't seen Richard for 2 yrs 1 mths and Irene for 3 yrs 5 mths) Wanted to get Godiva but in the end I bought a set of 3 TWG Tea. Smells shiok! I bought this for myself which has a hint of passionfruit inside.
Then did my (very little grocery) shopping. Needed to get furikakes and my Japanese instant noodles. No time to head to Meidiya, so this is good enough for the time being. I better be stingy the next time, my green tea powder costs $10+, and I use them for baking. Must see if Phoon Huat as any.

Then it's to Kinokuniya to renew my membership and to look for books. I bought some stationeries and this magazine for the children. So interesting! I love it when I'm in the stationery section, feel like I'm in Japan. But... I always go crazy when I'm in Japan, alot of kawaii things.

Then it's off to Creative Hands to look for wriggly eyes and pom poms. No wriggly eyes - argh! Shipment comes in end March. Don't you just hate it? When you really need something and it's out of stock. Which is why my house is messy and have alot of rubbish. I like to stock up on things so that I don't have to shop for it. Then I get complaints from hubby who says "I keep rubbish etc..."

Times up!! I cabbed down to Toa Payoh. I spent the next 10mins eyes glued, hands holding on to the handle for my dear life!! His taxi is messy, I mean real messy. He had his books on the dashboard some papers for note-taking (I think), he can't hold his steering wheel still, needs to jerk. In that short journey, he horned at others 4 times. ??!! He cannot keep his head still. And I was thinking to myself my conversation with sister the day before.. and I looked at him. He's all white and he looks intelligent. Reminds me of someone whom I used to fly with - I know you're reading this now. Yes, I'm talking about you.
Conclusion : I shall not colour my hair next time. Hahaha!

Picked children up and then my next shift starts at home. Sigh..............it's the weekend tomorrow. Yay! Yay! Yay! Richard & Irene is in town. Can't wait!

The children room-ed in with us. I was about to sleep when I touched Aricia. She felt hot!! Was so sleepy but had to sponge her down etc... monitor temperature .. so tired in the morning. I don't know what's happening. She has to get well soon!

Saturday
Spent the time changing the flashcards. Although my flashcards are well-organized, I really hate to change, re-tag the old ones, stick the colour-coded tag stickers.
I wasted almost half a day on that - coz' I had to put in new ones as well. Duh! Think I need to buy another cupboard?

What made me happy was my parcels came. In total - 5!! KZ said the postman and her are good friends now. Great! So she don't have to help me receive anymore parcels - until much later in the night I tabulated the lists and realise one more parcel is not inside. Hopefully one last parcel before I cave in to temptation and start clicking again.

I was looking forward to this box. Filled with my stuffs and some adhesive stickers, which I shared with brother. Spent the rests of the time sorting out and dividing into 2.
2 hours gone just like that. Tiring leh!

Didn't do much with the children, Aricia fever came on/off. Still hopping around the house but I'm not risking.

Books for children
Crafts for the children, and the icing for me. Must be thinking crazy to buy icing - I wanted the skin tone in this box lah! My ivory and peach always end up not looking naturally at all.

Sunday
Picked my dear friends up @ their hotel. 3 adults sitting behind, a little cramp. Didn't want to bring KZ along but in the end decided that I needed someone to fully care for Aricia - too active.

Nice to see them again. Hope the next time I see them will be in their country.

Ps. For that same ex-colleague. This was the pax whom you thought was trying to gao-shua me.

The last time Rich was here, Athena would let him hold her hand. Not this time round, it's then Aricia's turn


Pity I couldn't send them off the next day as I'll be chauffeuring the children. But I might see Irene in SHA soon.

These are the cards that Athena made for them.



She cut and folded some papers, asked me to staple them and declare that this is Richard's drawing or sticker book. So funny! Think he would have thrown it away.


No comments: