Sunday, September 23, 2007

Too much to grumble about

Post Aricia's Party

- as much as I want to avoid letting Athena eat sweets, the pinata + favor box = more sweets. Somehow that's what children target to pick up right? As usual, she very tum-sim pick up so much then I had to give some to Alexandra.
And I don't use them for Athena's party, coz' somehow I feel it's weird to have a few sweets of the same kind, so I always end up buying new packs of sweets for every birthdays. She pick up again and the vicious cycle of being Cruella - "you cannot eat so much sweets" comes in. So I've resorted to bringing it to her music lesson and asking her to give it to her friends.

- I mentioned to Wilma (who missed the party) that poor Aricia has a shorter video and lesser photos. All thanks to my sister the photographer, who took our backside last year; this year she was using our camera to take a photo of herself instead of being a photographer. And Wilma teased me "You like never learn! Ask your sis to be photographer again!!" Haha! Guess next party I should ask someone else. Ask who?? I think my sister did it deliberately.........so that she can go and and fool around in a party
- mom say I normally spend more money in a party and it's meaningless and wasteful to give away some favors. Ai yah, tell you she very funny, always say I waste money why give favors, then she suggested giving something for Iggy's first month celebration.
I remember she nag at me when I wanted to give favors for my wedding, coz' it wasn't popular at that time. Then when we received compliments on the special wedding... she was so happy...(got face mah!)
- mom say should have done it simply. I thought it's already simple already?! Next time shouldn't order so much food - 8 course + drinks. But that's what they have... suggested I do high tea. I see it's not worth the price. And please lah! Invite people to eat high tea might as well don't invite at all. My motto is "never let people go hungry" so there must be sufficient food.

Athena's 5th birthday party
- Mom asked me where will Athena's party be held. Honestly I think it might end up in my house again, but I'm thinking about the number of guests my 5 room might just collapse even before the earthquake shocks' collapse my whole flat. Okay... I was just exaggerating on that part. Chalet again? Wah...kena bitten by mosquitoes again?!?! And it's small lah! Maybe get those bigger ones? But no membership leh. Not rich enough to own club memberships too. Next? Hubby suggested the function room in MIL's place, which is way too far in Jurong, and it's not that big in the first place. Or.... we have those special sheltered corner in our block of flats which I'll have to apply to Town Council (I think). It's big, but it's hot and worst still! No toilet!! Not when you have kids who can't hold their bladder and worst if I get criticised for being inconsiderate to hold a party there, no fan; no TV.

Athena's 6th birthday party
- we haven't even celebrated this year and hubby's talking about next year?? " Next year we hold her party at MacDonalds. " Ai yoh... then the parents also eat Macs huh? It saves the trouble no doubt but then it means she can't have whatever theme she wants and have to follow whatever activities they organise, cannot have own. Then, if we have a party for the mei-mei then she will surely want one too! Cham lah! Go bankrupt already.


How they manage??
Last Monday (17th) I did not let Athena attend school... and I almost died! She made me scream at her; scold her.......and to th extent that I had to raise my hands on her.....I think all of you must be thinking "why am I always screaming at her??" I dunno leh.......it's either she has problem; or she's really irritating me (but my hubby also feel this way)
And I had been thinking if I should put her in 4 hrs Kindergarten so that I can arrange for her enrichment classes on weekdays and I don't have to keep "rushing through things with her once she gets back home from school."
I really envy my friends who can manage so well, their children so well behaved. Athena so shy and scared outside but at home - a tyrant.

Example of my normal day
Morning :
- get up to play. Never brush teeth and wash up, must need nudging. Then when busy myself or with Aricia, she'll have to whine "I cannot brush my teeth..."
- tell her do things faster, she take her own sweet time.
- must hurry her to wear her school uniform
- helper gives her her milk, she complains and whine "it's too much / too hot etc..." she finds fault with everything
- in car will complain about mei-mei this and that

Evening
- in car, if sometimes I drive over to pick hubby up from workplace. She'll start complaining hungry and asks daddy to bring something for her. Then complain "I very hungry....I want NOW!NOW!
- at home, asking her to finish her dinner quickly - let's just say I face different challenges everyday. She will take her own sweet time to eat; put food in mouth like hamster; say "cannot eat; too hot etc..." by then her food has really turned cold. Needless to say I was and did scream at her "I'm going to count to 3...."
- asking her to shower is another thing. Scream at her etc....
- do assesment books / music lesson : - she'll whine "I very tired.." but still can watch TV
- getting her to sleep is another thing. I've given up on putting her to sleep in her room. Instead she falls asleep in our bed while hubby watches TV & me on the computer doing things. Then I gotta carry her back to her bed coz' by then hubby would be fast asleep.

You can imagine how much I scolded her on that day when she was at home the whole day, apart from the time she took her nap.

Ai yah.... I think just leave her the whole day there better for me.

The Story
Remember I mention about the story of my bro & sis in previous blog?
My brother (the older of the two) who had a short army cut had his head hit by a fellow boy in the school bus with a water bottle from behind. Being the good natured person, he didn't fight back. Sister on the other hand, turned herself around; took her own water bottle and hit the boy back. Haha!

Aricia's size
What are the factors to Aricia's size?? Somehow at her party, it dawned on me that
1) it could be hereditary. Both my father and FIL are the "can eat alot but still very thin" kind. Whereas Athena probably took after me, coz' I put on weight easily
2) or maybe so far I've been leaving the cooking to KZ, so the food she cooked may not be "quality enough"
3) as what the medical hall lady told mom, it's coz during pregnancy Aricia didn't receive enough from me (I was eating too little) so her "stomach" is not that good. She suggested 3 times a week consumption of cordeyceps for at least half a year. She's on it and I can feel the weight the difference.
I admitted to mom that I was more conscious with second pregnancy and watched what I eat, in the end only put on 10.3kg. But also my appetite was different, I loved plain food

HDB family parking coupon
I welcome this idea, I mean it's like how many times I had someone to appeal for me when I kena summon either I stayed longer than usual or I didn't display coz' initially only intended to drop Athena in school but somehow chat with mom and then.............

No comments: