Monday, September 17, 2007

Aricia birthday : The preparation

The preparation :

Months before
Birthday theme was considered, there were so many cute themes to choose from. In the end decided on what else but Aricia's favourite - Baby Einstein. She likes the caterpillar and will sit there to watch it - so engrossed in the show. Ehh...actually we're all addicted on it too. Haha!

But, the main problem is sourcing around for favors. Did online purchase, not much items but it costs me USD$70+ for it (didn't buy decorations coz' didn't want to waste $$ throwing them away after this first and last use on her. Anyway I always like to do on my own to save $$)

Must admit halfway through I did contemplate on changing it to Sesame Beginnings - well at least I can get the cake here! And decorations can be found here.... but my girl girl likes that caterpillar leh! Ai yah! Not like she'll remember her birthday anyway. But as it is, I was also preparing Athena's birthday party at the same time and it seems that I was more enthusiastic about Athena's birthday. So I guess it's the guilt in the end that I decided to stick to something she likes.

Our parcel came on 27th July

Here are the children so excited with the small parcel.




Oohh.... what's a birthday party without a birthday cake right?? I ordered a customised cake, about 1 1/2 months before her birthday. Can't wait ! can't wait! But it's big.. min is 2.5kg and not like we're going to invite alot of people. But I can't have a 'non-compliance to the theme' birthday cake right?

Favors are prepared beforehand, as usual - this time I prepared the same thing as for Athena's so I save preparing them again when the time comes. (Anyway their birthday is 2 months apart so technically I don't have much time to spare too..)

It is a mad rush, not enough sleep coz' frankly I was printing flashcards amidst birthday preparation and my "crazy to be sewing three backpacks for the children."

And oh........birthday invite was sent out sometime in mid August. Was way too early but no choice we were leaving for trip so needed the RSVP asap.



So I had everything settled one week before we left for our holiday.
Catering - done!
Cake - confirm collection date
favors - done!
miscellaneous - done!
decoration - printed will do it the day before
surprise surprise - did something to be presented on the day. Contemplating if I should do it as favors but reckon people won't appreciate it, so shall save time on it.

During our holiday, was looking if I can find any favors there but no luck!

14th September (Friday)
Put up a little decoration. Contemplating if we should push the electone to where the speakers are or to put in the room.

15th September (Saturday)
Had to go down Concourse to blow up balloons (Tempted to rent a tank but not many children so will save the costs for Athena's party) and do last minute shopping. Would have done it during the week, but because we just got back from our holiday so didn't have time.
Athena asked for a pinata. I reckon no use coz' only so few children, go without it they also dunno what! But as a mother, it pains me for rejecting my child's small request so gave in to her and bought her one. Not many choices for a pull-string one ended up with a butterfly. Bought some sweets and small gifts.. ended up it's rather small, can't put much. Quite a disappointed! $35 for that small pathetic one!

Hubby carried the organ to the room.

Collected the much awaited cake. Thanks Anna!

Did decorations and waiting for helper to help blow up balloons. Brother came by to help. I'm so blessed to have such helpful brother who comes by every time to help out.

Okay, looking forward to the party tomorrow. Not a big big party but hey! I think it's special for her turning 1. And a celebration for myself too - for being able to stay sane throughout the year.

No comments: