Sunday, September 23, 2007

Athena & Aricia

If you'd asked me to compare the two of them, I can say that Athena progress faster than Aricia in all aspects.
Progression
* Athena @ 6 months old was already 7.8kg, Aricia now at 12 months old is probably the most 6.something kg (haven't weigh her)

* Athena had her first tooth at 4 months, Aricia waited till 7 months +.

* Athena started turning over much earlier as compared to Aricia, but then she (Ari) did it almost immediately (eg. fast learner). Needless to say sitting upright, Athena was more advanced than mei-mei (maybe pui pui girl got more strength)

* Athena stood on her own @ 11 months, then she started walking on her 1st birthday. Aricia? Looks like that lazy bum wants to be carried all the time. Make her stand she cries and does an Irish dance. Dunno when she'll start walking


Similarities
* Feeding them medicine is like feeding them poison like that. They will struggle. Athena needs 3 people (2 to hold her down, 1 to syringe) to feed her medicine, Aricia - 2. - maybe size counts

* Then they'll cry and deliberately make themselves vomit. Sometimes I think it's good, especially when they have phlegm, I'd rather them vomitting out.

* I'm lucky (or it was probably a habit I instilled in them??) that both my children love to drink and they can drink alot of water. Alot of diaper change but it's okay, I'll freak out when I see their urine colour's yellow. Athena, being older, now do ask me for Ribena once in a blue moon which I'll oblige with a very diluted drink. Gave her coke to try once- she hated it. Aricia, totally hates any fruit juice, she only love plain water.

* Both was told have case of ezema. I dunno, Athena was diagnosed with ezema but Aricia not yet (hopefully not). Actually we think it's coz' sometimes I didn't put lotion for Athena & she sleeps in aircon room that's why her skin like very bumpy bumpy. Now it's okay. But not taking any chances with them, let them use Lactacyd (real expensive!) to shower

* Eating habits are almost similiar. Aricia's learning how to spit out her food. Argh!

General

* Aricia's more vocal , playful. She's more of "I need people around me" kind. Whereas it was much easier to care for Athena who'd play in her cot while I quickly wash her crockeries etc..

* Honestly speaking, I don't remember Athena being so vocal, but perhaps it's like what the saying says "usually the younger one learn faster, coz' have sibling to emulate."

No comments: