Saturday, September 15, 2007

Musings over the week

Smart alec
Athena overheard my conversation with Alyse (who out of concern called to see if I've escaped with Aricia to the big field on Wednesday when the tremors were felt) and then she started asking me "mummy what shake? " "Why the eas (earth) shake?" "How come our house shake?" "Then why you call Aunty Zet?" "Our house got collapse?" Asked her if she is happy if it did, she gave me a smile.... probably she'll be too happy that she can stay in Tampines without finding any excuses.

When we were in TM's toilet, she repeated the same question over and over again. And then she started with "how did it happen?" Oh my! I explained to her about the tetonic plates and she stared at me "plates?" "Yes, plates just like our plates. We put them together and then rub them together; they shake and there's earthquake." Stupid me with stupid comparison. Then she asked me "how come Singapore no earthquake?" I was getting fed up with her question. Encouraged her to ask question, but when she did feel like shutting her mouth up.......coz' I couldn't pee.........

Next day (Thursday) after school, she told me "mummy, I told my children the eas (earth) shake becoz our plates rub together if never hold properly." "Did your friends understand what you said?" "no.. but I know why" pause awhile "mummy why the eas shake? What is earthquake?" - there she goes again


Fish it
Huh? Fishing?
Overheard Athena saying "fish it" when she dropped something on the floor. I wanted to ignore her but can't help but ask her "what did you say?"
"Fish it"
"Fish what?"
"I drop something so I say fish it lor...."

Before you roll off the floor in laughter, she meant to say "oh shit!" - which I often did and she was trying to follow me.


Disneyland Tokyo
Hubby asked Athena on Thursday night if she wants to go to Tokyo Disneyland. I was surprised that he'll even say this, I thought he was complaining that it's bloody expensive to raise 2 kids and he's suggesting another trip when we just got back?
Athena's answer "no, I want to go Chinatown." Huh?? I was jumping mad when she suggested Sentosa over a trip early this year , now she's wants Chinatown?!?!

When he's not looking, I nudged her "say you wanna go USA - Florida has got bigger Disney World, can take pictures with Daisy & Goofy, you haven't taken any pictures with them remember??"
(haha! this mummy's so bad....)

Aricia's class
We missed the first week of September's class, so on Friday (14th) when she went she was very figety and making alot of noise. So far, after the first failed attempt in the 5 minutes of suggestion I haven't dare to try.... which explains why my girl is still so active in every class.
2 weeks ago (before we left for the trip) she was her usual self, participating and then she refused to sit down, wanted to stand. Sensei was asking "where's Aricia?" That girl was squatting down on the floor holding the table; heard her say that; stood up and said "bah!" - she was playing peek-a-boo in class. She did that a couple of times. Haha! Send her for class; she plays peek-a-boo.

Excited
I am getting excited. It's Aricia's birthday party tomorrow!! This time last year, I was doing my second last check with Dr Teoh; doing my Pre-Admission and going for a hearty meal at Tung Lok before I go crazy with confinement food.

3 comments:

Shannon's Mummy said...

hahaha.. "fish it", it's much better than "oh shit" right! hehehe

Shannon's Mummy said...

Ohya.. regarding the relocating issue.. Everything is fine with me except for worrying about the education for the kids.

Over in France, we have to do teach our kids English or Chinese ourselves in order for them to catch up when they are back in Singapore. And you know lah, the educational system in Singapore is so stress...

Other then the above issues, I loves the life in France.

Lily Ann said...

Oh yes it is.

Quite true about our education system. How long you'll be there? It seems like there are alot of families there (all from your hubby's came company)?? At least U have some company.

Oh well..I shouldn't think so much coz' nothing is really confirmed at all. But would a break lor...