Monday, January 23, 2006

That silly girl

~Showing us her injured thumb~
That silly girl injured herself less than an hour ago when no one is around her. Thinking she had the freedom coz' daddy's in shower and I was in the kitchen preparing her milk.. she started playing with the staple and next minute she let out a sharp cry.. I rushed in and she showed me her left thumb. Obviously with that kind of cry there were blood.
As parents we kindda want to give up on her. Can say things like "learn her lesson." But then it pains out heart too!
Hubby said to lock up all the drawers. How to? That girl can even open some of it - obviously not really babyproof. Either that or my girl is too smart for her age. Umm..... actually I've seen how she pressed the lock and it came off.
Anyway, I would feel that it's better to lock up her hands instead, that will solve the problem.
As parents, how much of protection should we give our kids?? What happens if they can't fend for themselves outside?? Umm.. something we parents should ponder.

Chatted with my girlfriend (gf) after that. And our chat went like this :
me: Ur god-daughter just now wailed vy loud - scare the shit out of us. I was preparing her milk & quickly rushed to her. She showed me her left thumb and cried non-stop (the cry U nvr heard b4)
gf: I think she must have slam the cupboard door or cabinet on her thumb.
gf: silly girl la....
gf: Poor girl.....now she learn not to anyhow open the door and close.
gf: is she okay now?
me: Even more silly than slamming doors. She had the staple in her thumb. I quickly pulled it out; rinsed under running water and used a tissue to put pressure on it. Still can stop crying & answer me "I want the Hello Kitty plaster." Put the iodine for her.
gf: she is a tough girl tho...
gf: ha ha ha.....at least she know what plaster she want...
me: She's sleeping now. Vy tired but I see her doing the "thumbs up" - haha! training herself b4 joining SQ.
gf: ohh... like arming the door.
gf: good ah.
gf: ha ha ha...potential.
me: I said "good! teach U a lesson." She was playing with the stapler coz I saw lots more staples on the table. So the suay last one she must have put her finger there and push it down.
me: I know she had full potential to be a S'pore Girl when at 1yr-old she was standing there; looking at ppl disembarking and saying bye bye to everyone. U should be der.. it's real hilarious!
me: So the thumbs up is secondary potential.
gf: hee hee...well train from the mother.
gf: must be very cute...

No comments: