Wednesday, January 18, 2006

I have been dreaming again

I dreamt again donning my old uniform. This time the dream had people from my very first team. There was Rosnita who somehow appeared before me with three children, the oldest being 10 years old (can't possibly be. Even if she had a child, the child would only be 6yrs old) on a holiday. She was staying at the same hotel and getting ready to go out, while we were checking out.
And I was talking to this guy Yogarajah( he was a LS when I left don't know about now) who told me I'm going to sit in as passenger onboard. Thing is, this was my last flight as I've already tendered my resignation a month ago. And I was on standby so they activated me to pax up on a flight to "dunno what place", only during the checkout I met the full set of crew when I was told that the crew I was suppose to replace recovered from his illness. So there's no need for me to work but to sit down as a passenger. And the crew somehow knew it was my last day with the company popped a DP for me and gave me a card.
Woke up.. not another stupid dream again!
It's definitely different from my actual last flight. Well, I didn't know that would be my last flight. It was SQ418 Karachi, had 3 or 4 full days there. Eventful thing that happened was on the way into Karachi one ground staff went to open the D4L door from the inside for the cleaners to come up. And anybody would know that you're not supposed to open the door from the inside just incase the slide has been set to automatic(which will deploy) so there was a big booha and scolding the ground staff etc.... On the way back I was the LSS in EYCL, so I didn't want history to repeat itself. Put my sales cart there to check on my sales and block the door. Most of the time did the pre-flight paperwork there too. The FS told me "should let him learn a lesson.. let him open the door etc....."And my big and "not clean" mouth actually said this "even if this is my last flight, I will not let him open the door. Coz' who's going to be answerable for it? You all? Since I've left".
How was I to know too that my no-pay leave (took 40days to clear exams and go holiday - company encouraged us to go since it was post Sep-11) became my permanent leave. It was after the holiday in the US that I got back and found out I was pregnant.
Was quite sad coz' if I had planned to resign, I would have gone alot more sightseeing; do more shopping. And the crew would indeed have planned something (one flight they actually made the girls stand in PCL chair and the IFS cut the sleeve of the kebaya), makes it more meaningful.
Perhaps the dream was just a reminder that my departure was too sudden and incomplete.




2 comments:

ros said...

I think u really miss flying ........ Its so great of u to give up flying all for the sake of Athena. Was tellin YK I won't give up groomin even if I have a kid in future. He says the I can carry the kid piggyback then both go grooming together! :)

Lily Ann said...

Haha! That's funny.. Yes, I really miss flying. Was given second chance but still had to give it up. Sigh.... she better be filial to me man!!