Friday, January 13, 2006

Am I doing right??

Since the last time I wrote about my girl weaned off from diapers totally, there had been 4 accidents, including 1 just 10 minutes ago.
Am I doing right in weaning her off totally at her age? Is she too young?
However I've noticed that she'll usually wet the bed if we did not bring her to empty her bladder before she sleeps. However twice including today's accident she did empty her bladder but also drink water. (FYI, my girl is a camel. She drinks at least 1 litres of water daily which we don't) I think maybe I should try to restrict her water intake before bedtime. But then again, she's thirsty coz' we sleep in aircon room and it's dry.
The last time she wet her bed at home husband was saying "heck! just go back to pull up pants. Gotta wash the bedsheets and stuffs." To which I retorted back "well, I'm always the one washing the sheets and her protector not you! Sooner or later we gotta wean her off, might as well do it now. And children at 9-10yrs old still do accidentally wet their bed."
Somehow I know where my husband is coming from. But won't it make me lazy next time too and keep deferring the time to wean her off? <"umm... next time. next time..">
One of my girlfriend told me how she trained her girl (same birthdate as my girl). She would bring her to the toilet every 2 hours initially and then extend it to 4 hours and it goes on. I know for sure I can't do it coz' I sleep like a pig if I'm tired. And if I keep waking up to bring her to the toilet, both she and me who are light sleepers will not have sufficient sleep.
I hope I can get something from the web on this issue. Any advise anyone?

3 comments:

ros said...

Good idea to let he pee b4 she goes to bed cos my mum did the same for me when I was young. It could be the cold weather tat caused her to wet the bed cos cold weather makes us pee more. Try to wake up at least once in the night to let her pee lor. tat shd help a bit. :)

Lily Ann said...

But you know what time she really dozes off? 10plus close to 11pm. I dunno if I can wake myself when I barely have an hour of sleep to bring her to the toilet.

CheekyMonster's Mommy said...

I think my mom mentioned i stopped wearing diapers by 1.5 yrs. They wun let me drink too much water b4 bedtime, then ard 1+am, my dad wld bring me to the loo to pee, then let me drink some water b4 i koon again. Ros is rite, i actually woke up once to pee these days when i usually sleep thruout 1 leh