Tuesday, January 24, 2006

My nice neighbour, Mrs Doris Bay


Mrs Bay came by earlier to give us these kueh kueh she made. It's with sesame outside and peanuts fillings inside. She told me it's called something - (gim toi) in cantonese. Anyway it's even tastier than what I get in tim sum.

Mrs Bay is such a nice and generous lady, she was second to move in in our floor, I remember passing by her house when I was preggie and my place was under renovation. We'd usually stop by for conversation. Then once we moved in, she saw the growth of my little girl. My little girl also quite a kapo girl, would stop if the door is open and shout "Po Po........." I only invited her (as in neighbour) for my girl's 1st birthday party. And I did save the vegetables for her and some rice but she didn't eat at all. However her gift was generous.

Honestly I was a little sad at one point when she told me that she'll be migrating over to China. I just thought that one nice lady not here anymore and the other neighbour don't talk to us, we can die in the house and nobody knows. Aunty Peggy's house (just next to mine) is always vacant coz' she's in Perth. Well, I'm in contact with her daughter, Angela - Miss Singapore World 1994 or 1995.

Went a little of track. Back to Mrs Bay - she has given us alot of tasty things that she makes : buns, marinated fruits and I can't remember what else. I'm just so pai-seh to keep taking things from her without giving her anything. Well it can be quite difficult because she's vegetarian. Yes! Earlier on I was at NTUC and thought I'd buy her mushrooms for all the things that she's given us. (who's to know that once we got back from makan, she gave me the kueh) She'll eat mushrooms right?? But because it's those cheap cheap from China kind so I decided to buy it elsewhere.Mom says mushrooms from Japan is good.

No comments: