Wednesday, January 11, 2006

Sudden craving


It was just a normal rainy Tuesday when all of us were relaxing and watching television program.. when all of a sudden I just had this deep craving for chilli crab. Of course it's really ridiculous to drive all the way to East Coast Seafood where my favourite restaurant is - Red House Seafood for my crabs,so we settled for Marina Country Club. Boy! Never mind about the "not enough rice" I kept looking in the kitchen direction for my crab. And when it came.. the two pincers are gone. Of course not forgetting my mantou, dear husband was so nice to give me another half of his.
I remember I had craving for Chilli Crab when I was pregnant with my girl. (no.. I am not pregnant now) And how almost every week I had to have one. Seeing my girl now... I kindda regretted it cause she's overly active.(some old grandma's tales)
For non- Singaporean readers, let me introduce to you our yummy non-official national dish Chilli Crab. You gotta try this when you come by. And also our Black Pepper Crab, it doesn't have any sauce for you to dip your crabmeat in but the generous chef would have ensured that the meat are well seasoned with black pepper.
Thanks to Punggol Seafood, the recipe is here online

No comments: