Monday, May 4, 2009

blah blah blah .......

I love Tuesdays! I love Tuesdays! Why? Coz' it's the only day of the week where I can go back home and rot / torture kids with work after I pick them up from school.

I'm contemplating if I should stop Ros's class. But .... my lil' Aricia loves it. She keeps talking about "go Aunty Ros house" and even on Thursdays when I park in the MSCP in Hougang to bring Athena in for her Berries, Aricia would say "I go Aunty Ros house." My idea of the class was for the mother to san-ba (gossip) with other mummies for her to make more friends. I feel I need more time for Athena's work (duh! she's only P1!!) and one additional day of 'heading straight home and rot' would be great. But then I'm sacrificing mei-mei's favourite class. But then she may not need this class afterall since she's already in Shichida + LilyAnn Preschool + MMI and she's not even 3 years old! On the other hand, with this class WE HAVE TO DO HOMEWORK, so there's reinforcement done. If it's mine, I can be very lazy since I'm the teacher (and preparing materials can kill me). *Think think think*

I was quite happy last week too, coz' there's no music class on Wednesday and this week too. Good timing coz' I can take the time to go through all her work with her. I think I'm crazy..... she's only taking her tests not her PSLE but that's me.

Past few weeks we need to start the morning waking up households in Punggol as we scolded che-che. Don't want to wake up; don't want to brush teeth; don't want to eat; laze on the sofa; don't want to put on her school uniform etc... That morning, I did nag at her but thought I should let her learn her lesson. We left home at 7.05am and as I start the engine, I revved up my 'mouth engine' too. I'm so super, can nag all the way from Punggol to Marine Parade leh. Nagged that I shall drive slowly and not speed up just to help her get to school in time, she got a little scared. I was so happy when I saw the clock reads 7.35am when I was about to turn into the road. Guess what? Major traffic jam in that small road. And then there were cars behind me.. so my girl's not late at all!! I mean, if she's late the whole bunch of girls would be late and she might escape the detention or dunno what punishment they'll mete out. Consider her lucky.
Next day, girl tried her luck and even told me "I late, mei-mei also late." "Mei-mei is never late, her school starts at 9am, even if I bring her in at 10+ the preschool won't punish her but Primary schools do." Still want to try her luck until I told her "fine, you take your time and decide when you want to go in to school. I think maybe go in during your English lesson, which is the 3 session. Okay? Just let me know. Immediately that girl spring into action. Next few days, she still tried to dilly dally time, the sentence that got her to move her butt was "tell me when you 're ready." Since then she dare not try her luck further, and I'm keeping my fingers crossed it'll never happen again. Very stressful you know.

The kids can be so good friend one minute and then become arch enemies the next. What I don't understand is they fight over everything. Even when Popular has so many books, they must both fight over that one 'special' book!!! KZ asked "get married how?" "Ai.... they'll also fight who should get married first. Ai yah, let them both marry the same time."
Tonight che-che is so sweet. Mei-mei kept wanting to sleep with us but it's a no-no for weekdays. I put mei-mei in her cot and she tried to climb out until che-che offered to let mei-mei sleep with her on the same bed. So sweet......... I saw the 2 of them earlier on, so lovey dovey in bed.

Cockroaches??
I can't believe it! I clean the car interior at least 3 times a week and I thought I killed a small cockroach the other day. Maybe it crawled in from outside, or maybe I keep thinking my interior is clean enough but it's not.
I almost died of Dettol spray inhalation that evening when I clean the car more thoroughly. After cleaning with Dettol, I ended my cleaning session with Dettol spray. I didn't see any cockroaches since.
That is why I don't want to drive hubby's car when he's away unless I need it for the extra boot space for shopping / stroller.

Out with the old
Did some clearing of clothes. My clothes went to the Salvation Army. I wanted to put mei-mei's clothes and some toys (old and very new ones) too. I'm not willing to let go of the clothes, very sad but just had to to clear space. Every piece brings back memories doubly times for me as I recall what funny or cute things Athena/Aricia did when they wore that dress. (I kept some really nice ones). I didn't bring it out with me today, instead I thought I can try to donate to an orphanage straightaway. And I'd bring Athena along during the June holidays with me, to see how blessed she is.
For those interested, there's this organisation in Singapore which tries to help you match who needs the items that you have. You know where it goes to, and feel comforted that it will continue to 'serve the new owner' well.

Flu
Brother has first hand news, when they received the ORANGE alert he informed me. I became paranoid and started stocking up on Dettols, Dettol sprays and sanitizers. Dunno how long this will last. And should the children need to put on masks, I have 2 ready for them - which I bought in Taiwan. Cute masks.
Then the lazy me started thinking "what if one day every Singaporeans need to stay at home." What I would stock up?
1) cartridges
2) rims of papers
3) staplers
So I still can continue my printing. Haha!
What I would do
1) Print and print (need I say?)
2) Bring out whatever stuffs I have at home - craft stuffs, books etc.. to keep the children occupied.
3) Ermmmmm................finish my holiday photos (haha! Yup! My NZ's photos - and I've been to another place in March.)
4) Bake?

Duh! I forgot about stocking on food. Never mind, I think hubby will do that. Hee!

No comments: