Tuesday, May 13, 2008

The Nanny

Turned nanny for the day, mom has her doctor's appointment so came over to help "over-see" Iggy. Aricia was with me coz' I needed to bring her for her follow-up with the sinseh and so I roped in KZ to follow me.

Normally I don't stay that long in mom's place unless I need to use brother's computer. And so, brother asked me if I could go over while I "use the computer". Funny! I don't need the computer much today - coz' I found a little 'free time' so, yesterday quickly launched myself to finish another sets of number - up to 30 for Aricia to practice her writing. (I think what MH said is true, I can't keep myself free) Today, all I needed to do was to bring the things over to do.

The children fell asleep (I don't have to do anything, just be the supervisor. KZ takes Aricia, Fatonah takes Iggy, I prepare the materials.
I brought Aricia's homework and wanted to read her a book. I asked Fatonah to put Iggy on her lap and me be the teacher instead. I thought I can do it; I thought I am a talented teacher; I thought.......I never thought my girl would keep standing up and interrupting the "class" while Iggy sits and look at the book. Conclusion : I can't do it with another kid, must do a 1 : 1. 失败!
I can't believe myself, I was really bored.........didn't know what to do with 2 kids + 2 helpers who'd wonder what am I up to and probably thinking to herself (Fatonah since KZ knows my style) can't I just put him to sleep then everyone can go back to doing their own things? Ai yoh! If at my place, sure can do alot of things.
In the end, got them out to the corridor and blew bubbles. Iggy don't seem to enjoy it as much as Aricia, he kept looking at the soapy floor instead of the newly blown out bubbles. Sigh........ Then got the kids to blow bubbles, umm.........think should give Iggy some time coz' he probably is new to this.

I completed my job at 5.30+pm, 30 minutes of overtime - so my family please take note of this amount owed to me.Hee!

Will I do it again? Maybe yes, provided I don't have anything to do (which is very unlikely considering the fact that I've put up my TO DO list right infront of my lappie for my post-trip and it's alot!) + it must be in my home coz' I have the toys and study materials. I'll welcome Iggy with big open arms to make him join our league - the crazy people. (why? Aricia crazy too? Coz' she loves to do homework. ?!?!)

Photos :



No comments: