Monday, May 5, 2008

Long wait / Twist of events / No contact

Goash! I can't believe how efficient the embassy works!

Brought KZ down to the stupid dead-end laned St Martin's Drive (and got to make a 3 point turn out and worry if I'll run wheels over anyone's feet) this morning at 10+. I saw a huge group of people and........ asked the security guard, said I had to wait for the official to come out to enquire him myself, coz' it seems there is a change of plans, the voting still continues in the first half of the day. Well, I had to ask KZ to ask the people around in her language. And she told me that there 50+ people ahead and she's number 167. She felt a little awkward that I had to wait with her, I also do not want to wait with her coz' it's hot out there (can you believe it! It's the first time I've seen an embassy that closes its gate and everybody gotta wait outside - she said it's very usual for people in Myanmar to wait... so she's not surprised to see it happening here) + Aricia is fidgety. And so, I went to Borders to buy the long overdue atlas for Athena. Ended up with 2 - Geography Of The World & Picture Atlas. An hour and half later I went back, only 2 number's been called! What the ?? If I had known, I would have stayed in there longer. But I also worry she collapse of hunger, need to pee etc...

Left the place, I doubt she'll be attended to today. She said "I will wait tomorrow , I don't care from morning until the office close!" I told her , "what's the use of you waiting the whole day if the number still don't get called? You might need to go back on Wednesday." Argh! I might not be able to hit the gym if my words are super-zun.
"wait wait wait, and they never tell us who can go back home. Every time like that......" she complained even more which I shan't write down here.
This waiting game is not only inconveniencing her but me too! Thank goodness I finished everything but still.... I need to pack bags, buy things. How? Now hubby gotta last minute fly off, I mati! I surrender! I 死的很惨.
Good thing that I never leave things to the last minute huh? Imagine, if I had intended to bring her to the embassy on Wednesday.. sure cannot make it in time.

What a twist (cyclone) of events. I think we've had such eventful 2 years with KZ. The news of her sister with cancer, and now that with her going back coincides with the voting + cyclone. Ai yoh!
Tried calling back home but lines engaged, suppose the lines all got cut off. So I tried to help her email her niece in Yangon. But no reply so far, electricity out I was told as I got back from Athena's Berries Class. What'll happen if her sister waits for her at the airport?
And she's quite apprehensive in going back (maybe nothing to look forward to since everything's disarray?? And maybe instead of enjoying her holiday, she ended up doing charity work with her church? ), kept saying "I go back after you and sir come back." And you know that's not possible, I can't manage alone with the 2. As it is, putting Aricia to sleep was a problem over the weekend - which I'll blog later. I'd love to let her go, coz' afterall she'll miss her family. And she kept saying "4 years... 4 years no see family." I don't think I'm that inhuman not to let her go back right? Yes, I can let her go back probably next time when we decide to go on a trip, but when? What happens if hubby makes his decision last minute? In the end, she still has to queue to pay for her income tax. And don't forget her passport is due in Feb 2009, she'll have to queue again to renew her passport. Before going back after the next contract, she'll have to queue again to pay for income tax!

* asked her how she feels, she says her heart is not heavy so she is confident her family is safe.

No comments: