Wednesday, May 7, 2008

Her faith

I don't think I should tell people that I'm a christian. How much faith do I have?

For KZ, my helper, I'm amazed at the amount of faith she has in God and that puts me to shame.

Yesterday, I reminded her to bring water or food, gave instructions to the nearest mall - Tanglin Mall for food etc... and we were looking for a small umbrella. And I just had no idea where the small umbrella is. She was gan-cheong and then said "never mind, never mind no umbrella. Last night I pray to God already." I was looking at the sky which I thought was overcast and thought to myself, God can work wonders to stop the rain??

It goes to show how much faith she has. And so her prayers worked, she bumped into a friend at the Embassy, and the friend knows someone inside; pulls her in together and KZ managed to pay her income tax yesterday.

Now, as we get the news of the number of death toll in Myanmar. Her heart, hopefully, still remains so light-hearted as she said when I asked about her feelings "my heart no heavy, very light. God is watching and protecting my family."

In the night as I spoke to her, her 2 sisters (and maybe her mom - at this time) are staying near the shore in Yangon. Now, it's not only her prayers that will work miracles but yours too.
Please pray for her family. Thanks!

Aid Myanmar

Satellite Views of Deadly Cyclone In Myanmar

No comments: