Sunday, May 11, 2008

Thanks for your prayers

KZ managed to call her brother in Kachin (her hometown), and apparently he did say that it's difficult to get through to their sister in Yangon. But - everyone is safe and sound. Yes, the township they are in is affected, not as bad as those near the river. Thank God! Dunno why WV (World Vision) told sister that it's affected, I was confused whether to tell her the news or not - which fortunately I didn't.

And, what can I say informations and news over there are all filtered. Her brother didn't know the number of casualties, was surprised when told.
I don't know if I did mention this before. Once, KZ and her sister were in their hometown, while the rests of the family were in different parts of the country. Somehow their place was flooded, after some time KZ called her sister in Yangon to inform "don't worry, we are fine...." The reply they received was "huh? what happened?" Goash! Imagine if the flood was bad, they would have died and nobody knows.
Umm........really I do not want to write politics in my blog so I shall not say anymore but it does really gets in my nerves when I was reading this. (Christians in their country are shunned, passed over when it comes to promotions etc..) Read this on History.

Thanking all who had been praying for her family. A very big thank you!

No comments: