Sunday, June 10, 2007

Cookies

9th June - Saturday night (while Singapore sleeps, I baked)
Decided at last minute when Athena left for mom's place that I should bake without her. It'll be faster this way, and I don't have to keep watching if she's pinching the dough to eat.
I started late so was baking (still) at 3am.

The mess on the table. More glasswares so baked faster.
Didn't have enough M&Ms so used chocolate rice. Once the chocolate rice finishes, I am going to get the Hersey's semi-sweet chocolate chips.

The first 2 batches. See what I mean? The microwave is so small that I can't put alot in at one time. Forgot to count how many times I open / close that door.

Cut cookies had to be sealed up, will leave the icing till tomorrow (otherwise no need to sleep)

The rests goes into the cookie jar. In transparent jar - top: chocolate rice; bottom: M&Ms. Actually luckily Athena's not here (really!) otherwise she'll be making excuses "mummy I'm hungry... I want to eat cookie"

10th June - Sunday
Considering the fact that I slept at 5+, I woke up close to 11am. Quickly did the icing on all the cookies so that once Athena comes back later, I can quickly start the thing with her.

Something's wrong with the piping, the outline didn't look as good as before. Argh! Quite frustrated with the outcome, would have preferred to present a nicer looking cookie for the family. But sigh..........what to do? Fed up! only used twice and the thing spoilt, threw it away out of frustration.

Cookies said to one another : where's the gal who's going to make us colourful?

Gal in action.
1) mixing colour
2) syringing in colour
3) "must see properly otherwise get scolding from mummy"
4) ta-tum......

I'm pretty happy with the colours this time, coz' I did most of the dropping of colours into the mix, so they look very pleasing (neutral colours) to the eyes

Packing up individually for everyone

No comments: