Sunday, June 24, 2007

Aricia

My little puppy -oops!baby is 9 months already. Hard to believe -really! And she's beginning to show us that she knows what she wants.

I want I want!

I must admit she's very determined (as what Master Tan mentioned) just like me. When she wants to play or touch something and you carry her away, she will start rebelling. I know all babies will rebel.. but this puppy (call her a chihuahua, small & fierce. Chihuahua's fierce right??) gets so angry she'll arch herself when you carry her away
or she'll bend down and try to bite you or start screaming in her already shrill voice [sigh... I really have no use for the baby monitor. Her voice is loud enough!] And that's not enought, she'll still crawl to where she wants to go initially no matter how you try to distract her attention elsewhere. Her temper is very obvious, all thanks to the curly locks which indicates she has a nasty temper.

Is she smart or dictative - you shall decide

Feeding her : Usually halfway through her meals, she'll make noise. It's time to feed her with biscuit. So, it's one hand with biscuit another hand with the spoon. Of course she'll turn her head to the biscuit but we'll quickly feed her her meal. She'll either eat or spit out immediately, but for sure she'll make noise so that you can to put in the biscuit in her mouth.
A few times I tried deceiving her by trying to feed her 2X meal and then one biscuit, but she'll show her tantrum. Bring your hand or if it's there and try to bite. Wah!

Playful. Too playful to be exact
Dunno how she survive with that few hours of nap per day. Still can play, want to make her sleep also can play & play. I normally leave that task to KZ, who can take her time to make her sleep, while I try to do some things in the daytime.
I tried once putting her to sleep and I fell asleep before her. I'm far too old to take her bounds of energy.

Training for the army??
KZ has told me many times that while attempting to put her to sleep. Aricia will pretend to sleep, then she'll crawl; stop; crawl; stop.
Sometime this week, I managed to see it for myself when I took over the "putting her to sleep" coz' KZ was busy. I thought she crawled on all fours but no.... she was moving and kept her body low, then pretend to drop dead by closing her eyes with hands and arms flat on bed, move and drop dead. You know what the army call it - leopard crawl?? Hilarious sight! No wonder KZ adores her so much coz' she makes us laugh.

More vocal
I am prepared with the fact that my two girls might take after the mother's chattiness.
Aricia seems to be vocalising alot of late when we tell her something. It seems like she's responding to us.
When the che-che didn't hold the lift door for us and almost turn her and me into roti prata, Aricia made noise and faced her che-che. Scolding her?? I dunno.... but you know it's like when you piece up everything, it seems like she's conversing with us.
I mentioned too, that on Thursday she was pointing to the Disney Princess pictures and making noise??
Sometimes now she does point with one finger and make noise whenever I show her any books or pictures - I guess depending on her mood. (wonder if she'll have mood swings like the mummy)

Greedy
Wants everything that you're eating. Ice-cream, noodles, rice, etc.....eat and eat but still small!
Was eating my cheesecake when she suddenly stopped what she was doing, crawled and climbed on me. Che-che also wanted a bite so when the two of them were heads on fighting for the cake, mei-mei pushed the che-che away. Aggressive!Oh well, at least I know she knows how to fight for her own whereas che-che will be bullied by others. Sigh.. I worry about Athena.

Strict with her
Seeing how she behaves, fights (I know all children fight) with che-che. I think it will not take long before I will take her in hand. Even stricter with her!

What old folks tale is that?
KZ was telling me "Aricia's very smart, she play with her pee. My mother tell me children who play with their pee or poo are very smart." Huh? What tale is that? I told her all children somewhat will play with their pee and poo.

No comments: