Saturday, June 24, 2006

One thing off my mind

Finally have one thing off my mind - the helper is settled. We went to Hougang Greeen to look around the agencies there. Infact, we only went into 2 agencies and took up the 2nd agency.
Looks easy to choose a helper, but in reality it's not. If you're dealing with new helpers you can only look at their photo and credentials. And cross your fingers that you've made a right choice.

Our helper from Myanmar is due to arrive in mid July or third week of July. Initially there was a debate between hubby and me on when the helper should arrive. He feels that it's still early, the helper should arrive one month I'm due to pop. I feel that the helper should come in earlier than that as it gives me ample time to teach our helper how I would want her to go about cleaning the house- and most importantly the cooking skills she has to learn from my mom.

Hubby had to 'suan'me infront of stranger. Duh! When the agent asked about my requirements. I mentioned about 'ability to cook', then she said "cook.. you don't expect them to cook a big meal. You gotta teach them."
M: Yah, of course.... I don't expect a helper to cook as well as those big chefs..
Hubby: Not like you know how to cook to teach her??
Agent: (started laughing)
M: (argh!!)


No comments: