Tuesday, June 20, 2006

I'm a Bad & Naughty Mummy!!

I didn't follow my head but my heart today. Instead of bringing her to school today (as intended), I decided to surprise her by bringing her out with me to Orchard. Of course she was elated when I told her in the morning that she'll be with me the whole day for gai-gai. Immediately, she said "then we go to ELC." Went into her room and picked up what she wanted to wear.
After watching her Hi5, Dora and Backyardigans we had to leave home. Cheery mood she has.... was relatively obedient the whole day. What we really did can be read from her blog. I will only write in my thoughts & my childishness in mine.

Hardly had the chance to go up to Level 4- where you can get Art & Craft supplies (above Book Kinokuniya). What I first saw made my heart melt. I was so excited to see my favourite Diddl & Friends characters. Yup! I'm a mummy but I'm soft when it comes to cute things...





Of course my favourite had to be the Diddl Mouse which I first saw in Frankfurt years ago. And what I first called it before I knew its name - 'si gniao chi'(in dialect). Everytime I am in Europe, I'll be in awe of that cute little mousey.The last time I saw it was last January and I kindda miss that mousey. So I stepped into The Better Toy Store wanting to get something for myself. I'm in for a greater suprise, inside the store were toys from Europe. Familiar brands like Brio, Pintoy,HABA and Selecta Spiel were there. Very tempted to buy her everything from the shop. But in the end, I bought her this PUZZLE BLOCKS. The sales assistant offered to show me how to play the game. And you know what?!? I can't even fix a simple puzzle. After some time I managed it, girl was still struggling with it. So when I got the answer, the guy put down the two pieces for girl. She did it within 10 seconds. Umm.. I hope to make her a genius. And if that's not enough, read her blog and see what I bought for her from ELC

Brought her to Centrepoint for Playtime with Pooh. She had always wanted to go into the bouncy castle but was so scared. I can't describe the expression on her face, she seemed helpless and wanted me to hold on to her. But parents are not allowed in, so I asked her to come out.
I simply don't understand why she has this behaviour whenever she's outside. She bites her lips and holds her little finger with the other hand (as shown in the sample below picture). Is she nervous, shy or scared? I wonder if there's any way to help her. Hard to believe that she's a tyrant at home but a scardy cat outside. Would you understand if I tell you how it breaks my heart when I see other children pushing their way around her to be infront of her, and she doesn't fight back? Then she looks at me in a sad way... I wish I can protect her for life - but I can't.************************************************************************************
That crazy girl, today called me "mum" the whole day. If that did not attract the attention of strangers turning their heads to look at a child who calls her mum "mum" and not "mummy", wait till I tell you this...
She spoke funny too! Her "mum" sounded with an accent. And she even said things like "mum, can you please come here?", "mum, what is this?" , "mum, I'm talking to you." - all with an accent. It sounded like as if we've stayed in the Western part of the world before. Caucasians turned to look & smile at the charming little girl acting like a young lady. What they did not know was the moment she said those funny sentences, she started dancing and hopping in the mall. Almost drove me crazy but I decided to keep cool.... otherwise may go into early labour.
*******************************************************************
In all, although I could have gone out and enjoy time for myself, but I chose to bring her out. I am glad that every second is spent with her. It makes me think "it's so great to have a child.

No comments: