Monday, June 26, 2006

Chanting for durians, durians and durians

Had a sudden craving for durian last evening. As I spoke to hubby about the superbly nice durian he bought from Carrefour weeks ago (he said the guy told him it's better than D24).
Anyway, since I had this sudden craving.. I thought a trip to the supermarket at Rivervale Mall will help me curb my craving.
But when I got there, the guy who is always asking people to buy durians is not there. In replacement, on the shelf were some persimmons. Was very disappointed and sulked to hubby "so suay.. of all days he's not here!" All hubby did was give me the smile.

I began dreaming about durians and my grandma's (now uncle's) durian plantation in Muar. Dreamt about how excited I was whenever I heard the durian drop in the night and then next morning, we have a feast.
Then I started chanting for durians . Somehow I think I sound pathetic enough for my chant to work today.
In the afternoon, dad came home with .......... YOU GUESSED IT RIGHT! I smell durians. Was happy like a cow or was it a pig? Threw whatever I was doing aside, and asked mom to open it for me. (Love to eat, but scared get pricked, So useless!)
I can't remember how many I had.. it was plentiful until I didn't have stomach for dinner.


Came back home first before hubby. Then hubby came back an hour later while I was scrubbing towels in the toilet (so we didn't see each other until later) and when I walked past the dining table to bring the towel to the kitchen, I can smell D-U-R-I-A-N. I came out from kitchen and then he told me "I bought durian, but it's not the nice one from Carrefour." What the heck man! He had the kind intention and I should be grateful.

Aricia must have enjoyed the durians. Suddenly she had so much proteins from the crazy mummy by stuffing durians. Told hubby "no need to drink milk tonight. Aricia has enough of proteins from the durians I had."

As I said that.. I felt funny in my throat. Oops!

No comments: