Monday, June 5, 2006

Our short trip

We just got back from our short trip to Bali on Sunday, after spending three nights there.

Weather was hot, the three of us (who are afraid) of heat turned lobster red on our cheeks. And we had 2 (or 3 if time permitting) showers a day, Athena asked me "mummy, why do you always wash my hair?" "Very dusty outside. I must wash you clean before we sleep." My small clothes scrub follows me wherever I go. And short trip it may be, it still helps alot!

We R & R on the day we arrived, went to Kuta beach. We didn't go into the waters, we didn't even go close to the shore.. Yup! the 3 of us feels yucky with our feet and shoes filled with sand. Had to go over to McDonalds to clean our feet. Haha! And I had to made sure that she don't put her fingers in her mouth.
2nd day - hired a van to bring us to a few places. We had a long day and the heat made us even more weary. What made the trip more educational for Athena is the rice fields that we've been passing through for most part of the journey. And it's also a good time for me to explain to her the meaning of a Tang Poem that she's just learnt in school. Plus, we have to let her know how fortunate she is to be born in Singapore; not in Bali hawking postcards and deprived of schooling.
3rd day - R & R for the first half of the day until 4pm, before we left for Uluwatu for the temple and to watch the Kecak & Fire Dance. We had a seafood dinner at Jimbaran (by the seaside). Hubby ordered lobster for me. YUMMY... I like their chilli, sedap!
4th day - depart for home.
Click for photos here (My photos aren't as nice as taken by Yvonne's husband. But Yvonne I welcome comments on how to improve on my photography)
Video: Kecak & Fire Dance 1
Video: Kecak & Fire Dance 2

2 comments:

Little Miss Snooze said...

Aiyoh..I also anyhow snap one!

Lily Ann said...

But your anyhow snap is still many times nicer than mine.
I think your hubby takes his own sweet time to catch angle etc...right?