Monday, June 12, 2006

It's nice when she's yakking... well sometimes

I kindda enjoy it when she's at the age where she's yakking away. Don't be mistaken, I do enjoy it when she was a little baby and growing up in the months thereafter.

Over the weekend, she wanted to eat Kueh Tu-tu (was quite surprised she liked the peanut filling. And she only first tasted it on Wednesday). We were at Rivervale Mall when she kept pestering me to buy her. Of course the only way to make her finish her dinner faster was to use this tactic "finish your food faster, auntie is closing stall soon..." In no time, she finished and we all quickened our speed towards the escalator.

As I took out my wallet, she told me "mummy, I have money; I pay." She digged my bag for her little purse and took out $2(remembering that I took out a purple note myself). I assured her that I'll pay but she kept insisting. The auntie found it amusing..

And when I told her that I'll let her skip school on Tuesday to bring her to meet Pooh, she told me "mummy, I have money. I bring my money and we go gai-gai okay? You no need to bring your $." I can't believe she thinks her $5.50 is so high and mighty. But then again, you're talking about a child who doesn't know the value of money.

*****************************************************************************************

On Sunday, she was playing her Play-Doh when she suddenly called out "Aricia" (hubby actually told her this name before I told him about Alethea). I turned around and asked her "who are you calling?"
A : 妹妹 (younger sister) lor..
M : 妹妹's name is Aricia? You like this name for 妹妹?
A : Yes (pausing for some time)...........Mummy what Aricia means
M : 妹妹's name lor...
A : I say what Aricia means
M : It means Princess
A : (eyes opened bigger; looked at me; stopped playing) No, no princess. I princess!


This morning, as I was getting her ready for school. I asked
M : So you like 妹妹's name to be Aricia or Alethea
A : I like A-th-lea (mispronouncing the name)
M : Why? You liked Aricia what??
A : No, I like A-th-lea
M : 妹妹 is princess what..........
A : No! I want to be princess (about to cry)
A : Mummy, what A-th-lea means?
M : It's even better than princess, it means Goddess
A : Huh? Monster? I like it. 妹妹 A-th-lea


:) lol

******************************************************************************************

I think she got this habit from me. Usually when I'm nagging at her, I'll use this sentence "how many times do you want mummy to ....... you?"
So now, when she's talking to me and I'm not answering her. She gets frustrated; walks infront of me and speaks louder
"Mummy, how many times must I talk to you? I talk to you so many times you never answer me?"


or
When she asks me something and I don't answer her yes but a "umm". She'll get frustrated and say "mummy, don't say umm; say Yes!" I'll repeat the same thing and she'll get even more aggitated.

Haha! It's really funny to see her looks sometimes.

No comments: