Thursday, April 13, 2006

So proud of her.And when I saw the look on her face after that.

After all the screaming and nagging at her for making a mess whenever she does the colouring art, I was pretty surprised that she did very well today. You see, I had left her alone for about 10 minutes while I rushed back to Yamaha to settle on her Music Wonderland class commencing in July. When I got back, I was surprised to see her neat work.



At the end of the day, usually the lady will put Rabbit sweets in the bag for the little children and hand to them the bag with their work. Today, the lady didn't do that. I was watching my girl's behaviour as she was standing so close to the lady and waiting for her piece to come out of the oven. When the lady gave her the bag, she kindda stood there and paused. Normally, she would run out happily. It was as if she was waiting for something.. Indeed she was, she looked at the lady but the lady was busy. Her facial expression changed. It was heart wrenching to see my girl like this. I don't know how to describe the feeling but when I saw that disappointed look on her face, I felt sad myself. I brought her out of the place and squat down at one corner to talk to her. " You were waiting for the Rabbit sweet sweet right?"
A : (nods her head and was about to cry)
M : I think aunty did not buy any sweets that's why she can't give you any.
M : Tell you what! We still have Rabbit sweets at home. Mummy will give you one when we get back home. Later on, mummy needs to go to the supermarket, we'll see what I can buy for you okay?
A : Umm..
M : (hugs her)

Sometimes I really wonder if I am contradicting myself. I object to her having sweets although I don't mind the milky Rabbit sweets.. but when I saw that look on her face. Inside me suddenly I see a small girl who "can think and express herself" is innocently punished. And in the end bought her something to appease her. Did I spoil her??

No comments: