Sunday, April 9, 2006

Home-bound for another week & I'm going crazy

Mom has given me a bad news this morning. Mdm Qiu informed her that another boy in my girl's class has HFMD. That makes 2 in her school, and 2 from her class. I think the second boy got it from outside, it can't be from the school.. Coz' Braxton was immediately sent home and everyone in school was okay for the next 6-7 days until the second case comes up.
Honestly speaking, I think it's the responsibility of each parent to ensure that their child are either home-bound or if they have no choice but to bring them out.. to ensure cleanliness at all times. Ever since the first case came up in her school, I make sure I carry my Dettol wipes besides my girl's wet tissues when we're out, and I also brought out the anti-bacterial handgel. I clean my girl's hands very often. And boils her clothes (darn! no wonder that dress is a little crumpled now) when we're home. Even cleaning the house with Dettol and spraying things with the Dettol spray. I think I'm going a little crazy.... I mean if there's any germs it should come from the outside not our home. But why the heck I took so much trouble to clean the house. Duh!
Anyway, back to the case. I'm sure MCYS will take action against any school which has a certain number of children with HFMD. But would it be fair to the school, if the children caught it outside somewhere and not in their school??
I wanted to bring her in to school on Wednesday but brother advised against it as she's still having her cough- which means her immunity system is low. He even offered to take leave to take care of her... Never mind, I told him to save his leave. If suay suay my girl kena it (goodness knows how long more before this HFMD dies down), he and my hubby will have to take leave/turns to care for girl as mom & me will not be able to do it. And we both have to be kept away from her....
Anyway hubby reminded that it's PH this coming Friday, so if I bring her in, she'll only attend school for 2 days. Might as well not bring her in. Err.... I know what he means but sometimes it's easier said than done. I'm the one who will have to do all the job not him and I'm really tired you know. What help I need now? I need a maid now!
Yah! Was looking forward to Pilates on Tuesday morning before my gynae appointment. But now, I can't. Mom has her doctor appointment on Monday & Tuesday and can't help me. Argh! No exercise again?!?!Should I bring her to the pool with me? But if I do, I can't swim for long coz' she'll be cold.

No comments: