Wednesday, April 26, 2006

Was I too hard on her?

Hubby said I'm too hard on girl. And music should be something to be enjoyed not "forced into". Well, I don't deny that when I do her music revision, I expect her to do well. And sometimes she is just too playful and didn't want to do the right way. I have to bring out the cane.. and she did well, not that she didn't know the steps - SHE KNEW!! It made me feel guilty as barely a few hours ago (on 25th) she hugged me and told me she enjoyed herself.

And today, I decided she had too much fun and needed to do her assessment books. I was surprised that she could do one on her own without me guiding her what she was supposed to look out for. So, a harsh mummy I was, let her do her assesment books for more than half an hour.Perhaps I'm not only a harsh mummy but a cruel one too! No one ever heard someone pushing their children at Age3.

But something which Master Tan said about her is that "she lacks attention, and we'll get to see 'have to try harder' in her report book. We, as parents, have to push her and nudge her." Which probably explains why I'm harsh on her when it comes to study. I mean, I do give her the freedom to play and she already get to enjoy it.. she has to give me her full attention when it comes to studies.

Perhaps, what mom said is quite true. She said "sending Athena to St. Nicolas is too much for her, since she's so playful. She may get kicked out in the first year." I still have 1 more year to decide if I want to offer my volunteer service to St Nic. If not, I'll put her in CHIJ Katong and pray hard she do wellin her PSLE to go into a better Secondary school.

1 comment:

Karmeleon said...

Don't worry about primary sch. They don't *kick* children out. children automatically rise through each year from Pri 1 to Pri 6.

And hey, St nic's is full of playful girls! I've got one! She's going to St Nic's sec next yr!