Tuesday, April 25, 2006

The 5 hours in Orchard well-spent

Needed to go down to do my Triple Test today, so brought girl along.

As she's still nursing her cough, I did not intend to stay in Orchard long. Moreover I was rather tired myself. So, we took the car instead of the train. I spent almost an hour waiting for them to take my blood test (when I didn't even have to see the gynae)

After which, I made a trip to SPA Valley behind Heeren to get mom voucher for Mother's Day.

Girl was then getting impatient and kept asking me to go. However the moment I just pushed the stroller a few steps, she fell fast asleep. Well, she should be.... the Fedac makes her drowsy.

I took the opportunity to have my lunch. And I was craving for Italian at Spageddies. As I was feeling hungry and more gluttony than usual, I decided to order a soup. The Soup of the Day was Pumpkin and no way am I going to drink Cinderella's coach. Yucks! So I ordered the Minestrone instead. Bad choice, the soup wasn't nice. Main course is my usual Crayfish Parmigiana (but changed the spagetti to penne-always loved penne) and drinks- Italian Passion Fruit Soda. I think even before my main course came, I almost finished the drink. I wanted a carbonated drink and it's really shiok when I wanted to feel the *burps*.

Then she woke up, and in order to 'play time' as we won't be ordering their Kids meal. I fed her her porridge while she was doing some colouring, and ordered an Italian Chocolate Cake for myself. Talk about feeling gluttony.

Wanted to head back home but she wanted to play with toys. I guess the additional 1 hr plus will not add much to the parking fees. Stopped over at ELC where she enjoys playing with the train set. Bought her 4 other Usbourne collections to add on to the current 4 she has.

Sharped eye girl saw ToysRUs on the 6th floor and wanted to go there. We only spent 15 minutes there. And then popped by in MarketPlace to get her Pokka Carrot Juice before we head back home.


At home, she came up to me; hugged me and said "mummy I enjoy myself today"

2 comments:

ros said...

Pregnant can eat chocolate meh? I heard fr an ex-colleague tat it causes preg mum to get bleeding gums or something?

Lily Ann said...

No lah! I've never heard of such thing before. Anyway I had alot of chocolates when I was preggie with Athena. Nothing happened!!