Friday, April 21, 2006

Date with Rosalind / How I spend the rest of the day

At Patara Thai

Was chatting with Rosalind on MSN earlier on in the morning, and then we decided to meet for lunch.

We haven't met up since a few months back, and anyway it's her birthday today, so I thought just nice to give her a birthday treat.

Girl and myself were able to get out of the house in time. When girl knows we'll be out galavanting in the streets, she'll be very cooperative. If not, I'll be screaming at her to go to the toilet; to pack up her things etc...
All was well, I bumped into Sunny (of Daintie Dames - one of the tailors for SIA kebaya) in the train. So happened girl chose a seat just opposite him. He recognizes me and was pleasantly surprise to see me.Anyway, we chatted all the way from Punggol to Dhoby Ghaut and then parted ways. * Mom will remember him as the friendly guy who offered her nonya dumplings. U see mom usually accompanies me yearly when I need to make my uniform; do my fittings etc...
Like I said everything was well. I was in a good mood until some stupid idiot woman had to spoil my day; spoil my image by screaming at her in the train station. Incident happened at the downriding escalator on the SMRT Dhoby Ghaut. My train (heading towards City Hall) was about to stop, whereas the other train was just coming in. Then the bloody idiot woman had to say "excuse me, excuse me" behind me. How can I move when I had to control the stroller on the step of the escalator? I'm not like any person who can simply move to their left or right to give way. Nevertheless I just inched my body to the side but I simply can't move the stroller. Idiot woman was rushing to be reincarnated, walked her way through that small gap. And then not even considering that a little girl's head was tilting to her right as she's talking to me - bumped into her, until my poor girl's head was pushed to the left side.Please lah... I don't know what kind of hurry she can be when the train just got in; it'll take time to stop and brake; then open doors. But then I said she's rushing to be reincarnated. A woman behind me was shocked too, she let out a "hhh..." I couldn't take it and started screaming at her in the train station, okay don't ask me to write down what I spouted at that bloody asshole woman. She never dare to look back at me anyway, people looked at me. In my heart I hope she'll knock her head against the glass panel as she's rushing into the train. Anyway I believe that she'll be punished in a way or another next time, so I'm comforted that I've scolded her there and then. Poor little girl leh... my heart break. The other woman who witnessed the thing was in the same train as me looked & smiled at me. But she kept looking at girl.
Bad experience aside, I met up with Rosalind and we proceeded for lunch at Patara Thai. The sparerib with coconut milk and dunno what is nice. We didn't order much except for that and a steamed seabass and rice. I can't believe she was full and my eyes were stuck to the dessert spread. Had my dessert, I'll be letting myself down if I don't eat it. Anyway I needed something to appease my anger.
We chatted; walked around Raffles City awhile before she had to meet her darling at Suntec. I didn't want to walk over to Suntec because of a certain flight of steps I had to walk down, I can't carry up/down her stroller.

THE REST OF THE DAY:
We parted just outside Haagen Dazs, I needed my second refill of dessert. Wanted to try the new Melon flavour but it's not nice so I ordered Chocolate Decadence instead. Girl was asleep so I could slowly enjoy the ice-cream going down my throat and not stuffing it in like the last time. Popped by at MPH, nothing interest me. Strange,my legs were tired and I hadn't walked much. And worst still no seats inside MPH to browse through books. I tried squatting down to pick up something and when I stood upl I began to feel faint. It happened alot of times with the fainting spell. So I left the place and decided to find her a cardigan/sweater as she has outgrown it. Managed to get her a nice pink sweater from OshKosh. She woke up and then I told her I'll get her something from Bossini. Rosalind showed me the Sesame Street shirts inside, they were so nice. Anyway, I can't remember how many Sesame Street shirts my girl already have at home but anyway she didn't say no. I know she likes Elmo, Big Bird and Cookie Monster and did ask the SA earlier on (when she was asleep) if they had Cookie Monster - NO! So when I went in for the second time to pick her selection, she didn't object & she also asked for Cookie Monster. Umm........see how well I understand my little girl.
Then it's time to look at something for myself. I couldn't look at clothes coz' I'm going to outgrow it so no need to shop for clothes. The only next sensible thing is to check out my make-up - M.A.C. Make up makes any woman look different, and sometimes I really need it as I feel so ah-soh being a pregnated woman. Must be modern mom mah...............Nope! I'm not there to buy it but to check out colours and then ask hubby to help me buy it at the airport. He has additional discount for being a PPS with SIA, so I get to save. The last time he left, I didn't need anything but now I have a list for him to shop. Poor husband gotta usually help me lug back things I need from which ever countries he goes. And not forgetting the chocolates I always ask him to buy when he's back in Switzerland - and that alone is a 4-5 times a year trip. I hope I have the chance to travel with him before the baby pops out. I saw a boutique in Basel selling nice baby clothes.. I hope I can buy something from there.
After 'investigating' and trying to memorise the names I quickly left and stood somewhere to key into my handphone. Then we went to the bakery outside Market Place to get the Almond Cookies (we still have 2 packs at home.. PS. I just realised that girl - like me loves the Almond cookies and I didn't know she also love Oreo. Amazing thing is, we eat Oreo the same way. Ok, confirm we didn't bring home the wrong baby) We sat down at the fountain area while she had 2 cookies and then walked to the music shop before going for dinner.
Dinner was a simple fare at Foodcourt, she had her fishballs with rice and I only had fishballs. I found a seat and asked her to sit down while I order her food. And I was surprised & shocked that came to look for me. She has never done that before and I was only thankful that she turned to the right direction, otherwise I may lose her in the foodcourt. The lady who was seated in the next table was a little panicky, she got worried when she turned her head the other side and girl was gone. I was very thankful that she was actually looking out for me. Chatted with her and realised she has 2 nephews, which I told her "you're patient with children, so it's either you have kids on your own or you've been taking care of nephews/nieces". The 20 minutes was made very pleasant when you see a stranger playing with her; trying to make her eat. I can't believe that she was paying attention to girl.. I mean girl was munching so I put down the spoon. That nice lady actually picked up the spoon and helped me feed her. Girl was laughing and was not shy. People around us kept looking at her, especially this table with 2 angmoh men next to us.
So I had my fair share of meeting a bloody asshole woman and a nice lady. God has decided to send her to me in the evening.
Sadly, I didn't get to know her name. But most importantly is I never forgot to thank her for her help. Perhaps we might bump into each other one day. Perhaps not.. But it's nice to know that apart from the majority typical Singaporeans, there are still a minority who are very friendly and out of this world.

After dinner, we went to the toys section again. This time I let her play at the Lego station, while I sat on her stroller (she kept asking me "mummy why are you sitting on my stroller?" I answered "children wants to play so I gave up the place for them. But mummy's also very tired so I needed to sit down.") hoping that a Malay woman got the hint (obviously she didn't). She was not just sitting there, she was practically building a castle. Can't believe that she didn't even give in to a child.

We left for home at about 8plus. Train was packed, and I stood for a few stations. Strange? People around me pretended to fall asleep when I got in. One lady got up to disembark and another sat down. But after some time the "another" lady then saw me and offered me her seat. The others were in "pretending to sleep" mode. Anyway I needed that seat as my leg is killing me (dunno why... so tired. Maybe due to the lack of exercise for 3 wks)so I thanked her and sat down.

No comments: