Friday, July 31, 2009

cha-pa-lan

My cha-pa-lan blog entry. Haven't been able to update in quite a while, not that I'm not so enthusiastic in it - it's still my source of R&R. These days been busy in the day time to do anything, then can't seem to last later than 12pm in the night. Signs of ageing! Alot of stuffs hanging in the air, my side table has things stacked up which I need to do. Argh!! Worst than being an office worker!!

These days KZ helped to do up the kids meal. I feel so useless as a mother, I'm suppose to be the one preparing the meals for my kids with love and blah blah blah.... but it's been done by the helper.

Food : Just realised that che-che loves pumpkin now. Ehh......she changes her mind often so made full use of what she likes now and cook for her.

This lil' long hair girl is for che-che
Helicopter for mei-mei
On another day, two little dicky birds came by our house. One named Naughty Girl 1 (for che-che)
Another girl named Naughty Girl 2 (for mei-mei)
Che-che has to bring snacks everyday now. Not too sure if it's for all lower primary levels or just her level/class. Headache! KZ did this for her one day
Ah! This is what I tried my hands in one day, with parmesean cheese (che-che don't like cheese so trying ways to make her eat cheese). (what I did was I prepared everything except the frying part, asked KZ to do it. I'm not going to stand in the hot stove. I'm a tai-tai you know..... heehee!)
At first she didn't want to eat, after that she ate about 6-7 pieces. Mei-mei didn't touch it.
My kids are strange..........real strange. All kids love fried stuffs right? My kids don't really fancy fried stuffs, which is good/bad depending on how you see it. Eg. you get one kid wailing out loud "where's my food? I'm hungry" in the airplane when all children have been served their Children's Meal (and we can't order coz' she don't eat fried stuffs + western food). Good that they don't fancy coz' it's unhealthy food.

Books :
I was looking at ways to introduce science to the children. Of course there is this alternative with these, which I didn't buy coz' it's too expensive if I buy through Grade 6 + didn't want to have too much things in the house.
In the library, I found these : (if you're interested try to get hold of a copy in the library while I hang on tight to mine)

I haven't had the time to go through everything in the book, but I find this book sum up the following topics -
Forces and Motion, Sound and Light, Matter and Materials, Electricity and Magnets
This book is a much smaller book and with 700 experiments as compared to the above, you can imagine how small the words are. And how it can put you off reading. This book is basically for the higher grades but I think it's rather interesting to read and how you can experiment science with your child daily.
Give me a choice to choose between both books, I prefer the colourful, more pictures first book.


No comments: