Thursday, December 11, 2008

My trusty gynae

I totally forgot about my annual pap smear, which was overdue in July. Made an appointment for today. And since I'm in the vicinity, gym-ed; did my first half of shopping and then walked to Mt E.

Since the last time I saw him, he looked the same. He never seem to age at all, he's in his 60s and look like in his early 50s. A very humble man who sends me back greeting cards and call me up to thank me a 1000 times when I send hampers during Xmas season.
He is a funny man who talks about everything to you, like a friend. He doesn't seem to draw the line that he's the doctor. (Or perhaps he was trying to make his patients at ease with him but whatever it is, it did work on me.)
He is one who never stops learning which was the reason for him to give up on being an obstetrician and just concentrate on women's health. As I found out today, he felt that he couldn't concentrate on writing his papers when he has his clinic + make his rounds in the hospital + delivery any time = 3 hours of sleep daily (sound like me!).
He's one cautious guy who is very kiasu over everything but I'm alright with it - coz' my life is in his hands. I am confused as to why different obstetricians can have different mentality on the care of mothers, but I knew I was in good hands. It's a great loss to lose one talented guy in the obstetrician department but I'm glad that I had the great honour to be his patient.

No comments: