Monday, December 29, 2008

Lil' girl's 1st day at school

It's Aricia's first day at school. She did seem prepared, she seems mature to understand what 'rubbish' I was telling her. Contrary to what Jocelyn (Javier- Shichida) told me to do - 5 mins suggestion to prep her up, I didn't. I felt she is sensible and ... indeed she didn't disappoint me. I am so proud of her.

Coincidentally mom stayed the night before, so we were in full platoon to send her to school (as compared to che-che's first day). The mummy, daddy, che-che, ah ma, and helper. R, the supervisor must have thought we were very kan-cheong and kept reassuring us.

In actual fact, I wasn't that worried but like any mother, mixed feelings were felt. Happy yet sad (happy that she's growing up, sad that she's finally not going to be dependent on me solely), shocked but reality (shocked if she could cope, reality - she managed it well which made me feel if she ever loved me) I was very confident she could cope, really! I spoke to her like an adult. Reassuring her that I love her very much and that tomorrow onwards, she's going to make new friends and learn new things in school. And I'm very confident that she's going to do well in school and all the praises that won't swell up her head etc...I found it hilarious too that she seem to understand so much.
Me : Aricia, you have to behave yourself in school, okay?
Ari : Ok
Me : You cannot bully others, and you can't let anyone bully you ok?
Ari : Ok
Me : Can you bully your friends?
Ari : No
Me : If any of your friends bully you, don't fight back. Complain to your teacher.
Ari : Yah

Today
Athena was so kapo... and being the che-che was very helpful. She helped her remove her shoes before I could do it. Mini-mummy (Athena) echoed the same time as I did "Aricia, put your shoes in the cubby hole" (pause) "good girl, Aricia."

Aricia knows where coz' she always do that when she pops by her sister's school. She always put her shoes into someone's cubby hole and I always laugh at her for her innocent comical act.

She seems happy to carry her schoolbag & waterbottle. She refuses to drink from the bottle so I had to replace the straw with a disposable one for her first.
I brought her in with me, stayed with her a short while. She didn't want to stand on her own, so I had to carry her during her circle time. She wanted the mummy, which I must admit that I was so happy that I'm wanted. After some time, I was tired I made the excuse that I needed to use the toilet and actioned to the teacher. She teared but didn't cry out loud.

We hang around the area for a while before leaving for a quick munch downstairs. Came back again to see how she was doing. Mom went in to see, her 2nd grandchild in school. Aricia saw her, shouted "ma ma!" but good thing she didn't cry. We left for Athena's school. Needed to get some more things. (we're only left with the PE T-shirt) at the same time show mom the new school. Athena proudly brought her to see her classroom. Anyway, no chance for us to do that next time.

Came back to pick her up, supervisor said she did very well (the best one so far - maybe just trying to angkat me) considering that she's the 2nd child and her outgoing personality. In her expertise, she did say that children don't cry on first day coz' they're curious. 2nd day onwards they'll start crying. I assured myself that my girl is a brave girl, she won't cry at all. But if she does, it's perfectly normal. Whatever it is, my girl is in good hands. And the teachers all speak really well.

Looking forward to Day 2


No comments: