Sunday, December 14, 2008

Graduation cum Concert 2008 - on 13th Dec

This is it! This is it! The day is here when my girl finally wears the graduation gown and motar board. Can't exactly say I am 100% very very happy coz' I am thinking "she'd never get the chance to see her classmates anymore and then it's like the end of their friendship??" - told you I am more of the sentimental freak.

Normally I don't peep in the chapel (where the children are sitting/waiting), but this time round I took the liberty to open the door and snap photos of her. Capture this moment otherwise there's no more chance until she's in her teens and she probably won't oblige to smile for me (feeling embarrassed that her mummy is poking her face everywhere) or kick me out or I probably never live that long.

The concert started and normally I pay attention to the opening speech and sermon - this time round everything is a blank to me, I was fidgeting with the camera and the lens. (I found a wide lens which was for the previous camera and it fits in this camera too!! So while they were yakking I dunno what, I was testing out)

Then it was the time when we welcome the graduating class. I tear every year and this year my eyes were more teary and when I waved to her (she kept a lookout for us) she was smiling and that feeling I felt was so ... tears of joy. Earlier on when I peep into the chapel, she was also in her gown but she was laughing and playing so it looked more like just any ordinary clothes to me. But now that she's out and acting a little serious with all the other classmates, it is a gown. I was snapping and snapping, I'm a mamarrazi.And with brother's help, he's the dua-gurrazi - we're both snapping and snapping. My motto at this time is "snap it now not a second later".
Queued to get their certificate. She finally went up the stage. I couldn't really snap the motion coz' the camera speed is damn slow!! Trust me for saying "I'm going to get a SLR for next year's concert", last year and never did it. But thank goodness I had it recorded in my video camera.

My proudest moments : -
She didn't dig her nose or put her fingers in her mouth.... but she was shaking from left to right and pouted her lips at one point. Sigh.......my children can't stand still. But on the whole very pleased with her performance.
Once everyone is handed their certificate and the Rev is given a token of appreciation, the graduands sang two songs : He Never Sleeps and 祝福

Lyrics :
Our God is able.
He is mighty.
He is faithful.

And He never sleeps, He never slumbers.
He never tires of hearing our prayer.
When we are weak He becomes stronger.
So rest in His love and cast all of your cares on Him.

Do you feel that the Lord has forgotten your need.
Just remember that God is always working in ways you cannot see.

Our God is able.
He is mighty.
He is faithful.

* Managed to get a video from Youtube.


Lyrics to : 祝福
不要问 不要说
一切尽在不言中
这一刻 偎著烛光
让我们静静的渡过
莫挥手 莫回头
当我唱起这首歌
怕只怕 泪水轻轻的滑落
愿心中 永远留著我的笑容
伴你走过每一个春夏秋冬

几许愁 几许忧
人生难免苦与痛
失去过
才能真正懂得去珍惜和拥有
情难舍 人难留
今朝一别各西东
冷和热 点点滴滴在心头
愿心中 永远留著我的笑容
伴你走过每一个春夏秋冬

伤离别 离别虽然在眼前
说再见 再见不会太遥远
若有缘 有缘就能期待明天
你和我 重逢在灿烂的季节

不要问 不要说
一切尽在不言中
这一刻 偎著烛光
让我们静静的渡过
莫挥手 莫回头
当我唱起这首歌
怕只怕 泪水轻轻的滑落
愿心中 永远留著我的笑容
伴你走过每一个春夏秋冬

I didn't take much photos/videos of the other performances (hubby always complain that I'm wasting the space) except for my girl's - hey! she's the star you know!!!

Performed to another two songs : Dreams and 泼水歌



Finale time - OMG! All the younger kids seem to be growing taller, I can't really see her when she's standing behind. The K1 and K2s are almost similiar height! Abit sad I couldn't capture photos and video well for the finale.

Finale Song : Amazing Love
I’m forgiven, because you were forsaken
I’m accepted, you were condemned
I’m alive and well, you’re spirit is within me
Because you died and rose again

I’m forgiven, because you were forsaken
I’m accepted, you were condemned
I’m alive and well, you’re spirit is within me
Because you died and rose again

Amazing love, carry me
My king would die for me
Amazing love, I know it’s true
It’s my joy to honor you

Amazing love, carry me
My king would die for me
Amazing love, I know it’s true
It’s my joy to honor you

I’m forgiven, because you were forsaken
I’m accepted, you were condemned
I’m alive and well, you’re spirit is within me
Because you died and rose again

It was a pleasant change to see 2 boards next to both sides of the stage, on the boards are pictures of the graduands and something they write about themselves. They should do that in the years to come.
I requested too for S and J to have photos taken together. We won't have much chance to meet much next year onwards unless I organise a playdate/birthdays. No doubt we're still seeing J in JXC. But 2 years down the road, everyone will go on separate ways after JXC also.... ai yah don't think so far. Then the children came in, soon N the naughty boy joined in and QJ too.

Well, we've come this far with Athena in LCCC for 5 years. For the last 3 years, I've made friends with only a few mummies namely Javier mummy (they left to migrate to Oz); Braxton mummy (changed school) and of course Jachelle mummy + Wei Teng mummy. Whether we remain as friends will = to whether our children will have the chance to meet next time. (which I am grateful Braxton mummy also makes an effort to keep in contact with me all these while). So as J, S and myself sat down to have that photo taken together, we said we should take another photo in 20 years time - we'd be all wrinkled up.

Outside the hall stands a small Christmas tree. And ritually every year we'd go there to have photos taken together of J and Athena. We made this our last photo ( QJ was there so we included her in)
and then S and myself heaved a sigh of relief; I was rather sad and we said goodbye to K2 life.

After which, no matter how long I try to delay standing in the church grounds - the concert has already ended and it won't bring back the concert or stall the time. It's my last time standing there as a parent of LCCC watching my child perform. And as I told S much earlier that the moment we had our back facing the church and walk down the steps, we should take each step in accordance to the educational level - Primary 1, 2, 3, 4. It probably doesn't affect her much afterall she has 2 more older boys before J whereas I am facing this the first-time so probably I get even more emotional.

** Oh, I'm glad Mrs Wong actually came by for the concert. So sweet of her.........**
Thank you LCCC for the wonderful 5 years my girl spent there!

No comments: