Sunday, March 31, 2024

OMG ! [Follow follow follow up. Dehumidifier experiment #4]

 我的天啊‼️ 81% humidity


Spent some time clearing the filled containers & pouring new ones into them around the house before my much needed shower. It was a chore a dread going through the motion of washing the container, drying them with toilet paper (I used up more toilet paper.) in the heat. Was so happy when I finished the last containers and “little umbrellas”. That’s it! Another day of having the aircon and fan turned on in my room. 

The time I started experimenting with this. CLICK HERE

Blog #2

Blog #3 

Ok….so this is blog 4. 

I can’t remember when I started using the little umbrellas for the wardrobes but I received them last Dec and only began using them this year after I’ve used up all the bags. Just did a first refill today. 
As the container is really small, it filled up faster than the other containers. 

Pros : (a) This is reusable. Can last longer than the hanging bags definitely
(b) so easy to hang up in the tall wardrobe without any stool 
Cons : (a) had to wash and dry the whole container. Particularly the pink part as I’d be pouring new beads in that portion. (b) was washing one container when the white “end top” dropped and I panicked, is that a decoration or for me to pour out the water? Then I realised I am suppose to remove the water from the bottom part. Then now it’s +1 more pros. Altho I wonder how secure it is, I cannot tape this part up and what if someone is so chor-lor and broke the thing? 

Do I prefer this umbrella over the bags type? Each has its pros and cons.    

Pros : (a) For the last few changes I did not clean the disgusting brown discharge in the bag and simply pour new beads. I saved toilet papers 😝. (b) Clearing the water was so easy and fast from the side. If I needed to rinse the water collection bag I can pour and swirl the water inside and pour out again. Takes a shorter time. But this can only go in the hanging wardrobe, I can’t use this for the shoe cabinet or the kitchen and toilet cabinets. 
Cons : (a) looking at the brown thing is an eyesore. (b) I need to put in new ones every 2-3weeks, with the constant change I may not want to see the disgusting thing and would want to throw it away after 3 changes, which means I’ll need to buy the refill quite often. (c) Have to ensure that the cap is closed back tightly if not I’ll get spillage in the wardrobes. (d) it’s quite difficult to hang in my tall wardrobe, I often need to bring the organ stool and climb up and down. 


So I guess it’s still more experimenting until I find a better solution. Buying the machine will take up space at home, surely that’ll be easier as all I need to do is to empty the container. Having the machine on means I need to suffocate myself in a closed windows room. Why there is no such thing as a ceiling dehumidifier? 

It’s really scary to think how much and how fast my walk-in wardrobe area accumulates all the water wealth. I have one container and 3 umbrellas in that small space. 




No comments: