Sunday, March 31, 2024

๐Ÿ‚ Frustrated ๐Ÿ‚

I’m just ๐Ÿ‚so frustrated with all the ๐Ÿ‚leaves dropping in my PES. Drawing ๐Ÿƒthe not-fully-covered blinds doesn’t help at all. I used to ๐Ÿƒsweep the PES on a daily basis until I got so sick and tired of sweeping the leaves ๐Ÿ‚and some litters. I do it only twice a week now or if I'm even lazier once a week or when I give up on life - every fortnight.   

How bad can the leaves dropping be you might wonder. 
On normal days, I can finish sweeping the PES and less than 15 minutes later I see more than 10 leaves in the PES. 

When it’s the “naked season” the leaves just keeps dropping and dropping, even the condo cleaners have to constantly sweep up. They sweep outside I sweep inside. When it’s that season, I can be sweeping the other side of PES turn back and see more than 20 leaves on the floor. ๆˆ‘็š„ๅคฉๅ•Š‼️ๆˆ‘ๅฅฝ็ดฏๅ’ฏ! 

It's those stupid trees outside the compound, dunno simi species. I wonder if other neighbours get this same problem as I, maybe having nice northly southerly wind in my home has its disadvantages afterall - the leaves end up blowing into my PES. 

PES wearing clothes
Sometimes just so tempted to cover the whole PES up but it means the whole house will look like a dark prison. Some people likes the idea of using the PES / balcony as the dining area coz you know nowadays houses are getting smaller and smaller. According to JJ, they did the ziptrack for the unit opposite us and they converted that area to dining with custom cabinets outside. Eeeee…so weird. Why have cabinets outside? I mean I also have but it’s the outdoor cabinet to put all my plant stuffs. That unit keeps her ziptrak closed all the time, a few times I’ll see a small opening just above her gate. Does that mean she doesn’t open and leave from the PES? And it does look dark coz last time were only permitted to use brown. But last year they did the repainting to grey and white to the buildings, I’m not sure if they will allow grey or white ziptrak. All the ground floor units who did theirs are brown in colour. 

My current wide open airy PES
I have plants. And I need plants ๐Ÿชด . We need plants for positive vibes lah! You know in fengshui you need a brighter looking space and house must have ๐ŸŒฌ️ ้€š้ฃŽ。I don’t even think Grandmaster Tan would advise to cover up the PES also. I prefers to have light colours in the house to make the house look spacious ๅ“ช้‡Œๅฏ่ƒฝไผš make the house look dark and dull with an enclosed blinds but sometimes circumstances may make me change my mind. .  
So was thinking If I select a clear ziptrak can? I mean my purpose is to avoid having the stupid leaves in my home not for privacy. I hate to think but do we look like animals in a zoo? ๐Ÿ˜‚ 
Clear ziptrak also problematic, later dirt ji-tak ji tak so obvious, ah nia end up need to do extra work in cleaning and washing the blinds. Sigh….solve one problem but create another. 

If I install ziptrak 
With ziptrak installation I would definitely opt to do a wooden flooring outside. End up wasting so much money just to solve the stupid leaves problem. If I'm not wrong other neighbours have asked if it's possible to chop off that tree and plant something else but MA say cannot.  
With wooden flooring I also need to consider about the water feature there and change all the ceramic pots to something lighter. Will my plants survive in the first place? 
With wooden flooring, I can probably just vacumn (buy an extra vacumn roller attachment) and mop (use a different mop for outside). I don’t need to throw Dettol and forcefully scrub the floor. 

Fix awning / roof is another thing I need to do as there's an extended open area in my PES compared to the above balconies. Then I end up blocking my view when I want to stargaze. Can choose clear awning? But if litterbugs throw rubbish I’ll look up to pieces of tissue paper , cotton buds etc.. instead.  Another question is - who clears the rubbish left there? My upstairs neighbour or me?

Another solution I thought of
Is to get a leaves blower and just blow the leaves to one side and then sweep up. Very noisy leh!

I hope I can find a solution faster. 

No comments: