Saturday, March 2, 2024

On This Day - (2nd Mar) #Reminders from FB#

2nd Mar 2023

I think I'm a 🧙. After I reached home at 5+ I was so lazy to do anything (hubby packed dinner before picking che-che while I went home immediately after lil' one's therapy).

I was lazing around doing my vacay iMovie until I decided to do the bulk cooking at 10pm!!!



Bulk cooking lemongrass chicken. I have 2kg of chicken in this cauldron which is good for 4-5 meals.

Usually I only cook for 2 meals at one go but coz l was in a rush after returning home the other day n didn't portion out the chicken. In the end I had to thaw the whole packet, so decided to cook a bigger batch.

#ketocompliant#


Now I have a problem! I can't store them in glass containers in the freezer coz I have no space 😬!

I think I need to wait for the whole pot to cool down completely before I seal up the chicken in individual packets.

#maybebringthepotnearertothefan#



Last Sunday's bulk cooking. My keto char kway teow. It taste legit!

It was good for 4 meals.

It's sad that I can't bulk cook 2 different dishes and change about my food coz there's just no space to store them.


Finished packing at 2am.



2nd Mar 2023

I am ever so thankful for these beautiful ladies and 7 gentlemen whom I met 28 years ago. All 17 of us formed Batch 421.

We went through thick (manuals) and thin together for four months. During which we also had lots of laughter and fun.

Then we were so young, looking forward to our new job new experiences. 

We finally had a reunion, those who turned up had our kebaya clipped (not easy to liaise with the flying batch mates but we will arrange with them again) Yesterday we talked about the younger training days and talked about the now older days. There was just so much to catch up; to summarize our last 28years in 3hrs. Not enough! I hope we can have meetups more often.




2nd Mar 2023

Lil' one have been back to 'park in carpark and nap in car' since Feb. Had to bring her for her eye therapy after school and with the not-so-much-choice appt slots left, sometimes we have 1h+ to close to 2h+ in between time. It's really 1=11 to bring her home and then out to Cuppage.

Unless I have to pop by supermarket, then she goes along with me. Otherwise, I really prefer to relax in the car first. She had a long day in school too, and the rest will also help her tired eyes.

This week is tiring for me, coz che-che's eczema jab this week too. For 3 consecutive days I have been bringing them between school n their appts. Ystd was che-che's appt in Novena, then had to send her to school and was late in picking lil' one up from school. (Novena is between both girls' school. (环岛追追追)



No more using the stroller clip fan already as fan disposed many years ago. I brought this fan out to use when she zzzzz in the car now.



Using the iPad to level the base for fan placement. #mummyhavenofan#


2nd Mar 2023

Not a breakfast person, but now on Thurs I have ample time in between after dropping lil' one and my exercise aka lembek class.

#broughtmyownketodarksauce#

#TehOKosong#

ps. just right infront of me another stall's mee siam looks so tempting 😂




2nd Mar 2023

Lovely view

This reminds me of the days when we were stuck in the US for another 15 days when we had to drive out for lunch and dinner. We get to see lovely snowcapped mountain range all the time.




2nd Mar 2022
2nd Mar 2022

Omg! This is so cute!!

Resist temptation,自己看看就好了不用买。家没地方放





2nd Mar 2020

Was trying to look for my old Chateau Versailles pictures, couldn't rmor which album so went thru 3 and found some treasures pictures with treasured moments.



With the best people Karina and Ling Li, that year was my best flying days. Our days were so fun. We had great teamwork on board and outstation.

This was in Zurich when they came to my room, and then I had the craziest idea of climbing out of my room window to this ledge. I suppose we should be thankful no other hotel guests reported us.

#wemightgetwarningletterfromcompany#

#cabincrewreminderinnextnewsletter#

#nopilferingofhotelitemsnoclimbingoutofwindows#




Then I chanced upon these. I have no idea why I put these pictures in my "SQ days sightseeing" album. Yup, my albums are numbered in different categories.

Anyway, I played tour guide to Irenea Flora Lee and Richard Lee then. You should know that I was reading up facts and memorising them (in SIN and outstation) just to look pro to you two. Haha! Maybe I was a step closer in getting a local guide licence. But it was all good, l learnt new things along the way. Even now as I walk past certain places, l'm able to tell Athena the history behind.



The two pretty and sweet girls, Melanie Fagaly Tuiolenuu and Mylene


1999 - our long friendship



Haha! Sometimes I laugh at myself when I type silly things.

"At dunno what hill top...." Elaine Russell I probably wasn't listening coz jet-lagged.

So what hill top did u bring me to?


(Clarification from Elaine - Mt Victoria in Devonport)



Then see the young and slim me.. I wish I can look the same now



Karina Kho,rmbr this Wales trip? Very windy


How many of us on the trip? Think there were 4 girls and our 2 First Officers. Goash! I can't even rmbr their names.

Here I am still trying to hold my hair coz the wind was so strong.

This trip, the angmoh FO helped a hitchhiker and the thing he said made us laugh. I think the hitchhiker was shocked and regretted stepping into our car. FO asked him something like (can't rmbr exact words)

FO: are you armed? Do u hu gun?

Hitchhiker : No

FO: Good. Coz we have.

Hilarious FO!

And how he was circling around a roundabout coz either couldn't decide where to go or he was just playing around. So when I watched Mr Bean driving in circles, I'm always reminded of our Wales trip.


The lazy way of labelling location. Haha!


Oh, and the days when I love to go sightseeing on my own. Sometimes really to not so popular small towns.

This taken in Zug. The next day I went on my first trip to Munich from Zurich. Not sure if that was the trip or was it to Salzburg that I forgot to bring my passport, realised it almost half the journey, then had to train back to hotel to get it. Made it back on another train, but all's good coz when you're sightseeing on your own you don't hv to wait for anyone and can rush thru / go slow the sights.

My adventures include a plane to Ephesus on own from Istanbul, did a trip using a bao-whole day cab to another place in Egypt before.



Finally found it. In 2000. 18yrs later made it back with the family. This is a place I need to go back again coz believe it or not, not able to see everything in the palace, needless to say we still have not seen the gardens (well I did abit on my own last time but not in 2018 when waters are not spouting, sculptures all covered up as it's winter)

And so I realised from the pics I went to the Queens Chambers last time coz I think the Kings Chambers were closed for renovations. And in 2018, the Queens Chambers were closed for renovations and we went to the Kings Chambers. Never been to the Battle Gallery both times, Lady Luck just wasn't on my side.



Opulent Château. Good place to play hide and seek.


The Coronation Room


All 3 photos after this are taken in 2018







2nd Mar 2018
3yrs 2mthsof fun time.
And it's the swansong for now with the school Band. Sobs sobs
#emomummy# #nomorefangirling# #athena我永远支持你# *blow whistles*


2nd Mar 2015

What stupid logic! Che-che told me school asked those who take certain public bus number to school to not take the 7am bus. They can only take those buses before that. Just becoz some SAJC and CJC students complain to their teachers that they can't get on the bus. I believe they must h mentioned the schoolgirls.

I got so worked up, and ..who the heck they think they are? They own the bus company? If the students can't get on the bus, then they adjust their own timing by taking the earlier bus lah! And why our school have to impose a bloody rule that "action would be taken on those who don't act according to the wishes of the school n the JCs"? I told girl since they also have problem getting on the bus, shouldn't our schoolgirls complain abt students from other schools or office workers for crowding the bus?

As it is, most girls from our school do stay around the school so of course they board the bus from here. And they board the bus coz school moved to a holding area. So who's fault? The MOE's fault (for upgrading our school), the citizens fault for increasing the population so need to upgrade building, instead of the JC students' fault?

Unreasonable!

And my girl, we already leave house so early. What they expect us to do? Leave house at 5am?



2nd Mar 2014
The girls missed this ramen which we bought from Hokkaido. Managed to find it online. Served them with matcha adzuki ice cream
#veryjipunstyle# 


Footnote written in 2023 : 

Che-che really loves ramen. Just 2 days ago (28th Feb) brought them to Great World as I needed to drop by Meidiya. Both of them had ramen (豚骨 for che-che and しょゆ for lil' one) for dinner. Our Dec trip, she also tried almost all the different prefectures' ramen. Came back with some ramen, and she likes one from 熊本市. Passed me the leaflet and suggested to buy online. Haha!

They wanted to go Japan in March again but daddy barred them. Haha! Both of them spend so much money on rubbish lor! Ban them for 5yrs. But I didn't spend a lot of money.... I should go ....go n see sakuras 😉



2nd Mar 2014

Conversation between lil' one & me with regards to her Creative Toy. Told her she must give me idea and tell me what she wants to do n using which science idea.

"ummm......"

Che-che overheard our conversation and told us what her classmate did last year. Abt toy using magnets n it's a mouse moving cheese blah blah.

"Aiyah! P2 let her of magnets can already, can do something like that but don't copy her." We know what it means right? Means like maybe instead of mouse-cheese, we do a dog-bone.

Lil' one obviously didn't understand. "I know what I can do. I can do a house there but my mouse stay in there. Don't move."

I paused, looked at her, looked at che-chen ..... Burst out laughing. OMG!

"And so ..... What science are u talking abt here?"

I hope ur laughing ur head off this silly girl of mine.

Hv a great Sunday morning!



2nd Mar 2013

I'm so sleepy......l want to sleep.



2nd Mar 2012
tagged in Wendy’s photos

Sec 5N1 gurlz...


The early batch ...




2nd Mar 2009
added 10 new photos to the album The 2 Naughty Princesses - 2009

Still driving me crazy with their wits and comical acts.

Brand new year with brand new changes.

Athena is in P1 - sent back to old school Aricia is in Nursery this year too.


2nd Jan - 1st day of school (Aricia's 4th day of school??)



My lao-shi


Wish I was daring enough to bring out my video camera to capture this moment


Footnote written in 2020 :

时间一眨眼悄悄地溜走。我能往回时间倒流吗?

那时还没七岁的小冬菇头上小学,我有点期待她上中学的第一天。今年这个十七岁三个月大的小姑娘已经

读初级学院的年二,我希望时问可以停留一下。

#时间去哪儿#


My cute star. Autograph anyone? 我的小可爱


Charming girl, isn't she? 她的眼睛很迷人


Getting ready to go to their respective classes. Notice the wide array of pinks - I almost went pink-blind after that.



Her little shoe cubby hole



Still trying to adapt to school. Hugging her favourite

Elmo (which belongs to the school)



OMG! See this girl's grouchy look.


Footnote written in 2020 : Bio-ing to see whether I have left.

She wasn't as whiny as che-che (who'd burst into tears) which made me feel happy yet a little sad at the same time. But then to this lil' doggie's few hours in school probably felt like days. She is always so happy to see me and run to me with a big grin, even up to this day.

I wonder what went thru a child's mind since they hv no memory / recollection then. If I were to ask Aricia how she felt then, she won't be able to answer me.

Was she frightened? Was she sad?

No comments: