Monday, March 4, 2024

花生根 + 田七

Considered a "grow taller" drink with the nourishment and strengthening it provides. I'm not too sure about its efficacy. Lil' one drinks and she didn't grow taller. Che-che refuses to drink coz she claims "I'm already so tall! I'm taller than most boys in my school..." IFKYK what she meant by that. Even after my insistence she refuses to drink. Oh well, she cannot say I'm biased over (偏心) treating lil' one better then.  

Tried a Malaysian prepack drink before and it tastes so horrible, so saltish. Doesn't taste and look like the one I brew. Since it's all grinded, I wouldn't know if it's the real thing or not 要赚我的钱不容易的.

What’s in the weekly concoction brew? 
1) Fresh peanut roots from the market. Over the years I’ve tried various ways on getting these peanuts roots, it’s not easy as I don’t go wet markets. Sometime last year I found them from online vegetables shop so found a solution. It’s definitely more costly but wth. 
A huge chunk of it is cut off leaving only the bottom stems and roots where it takes me a long time to do the washing. I go into any small parts coz soil have to be very careful. Wash and dry them (as seen in top left photo) before vacumn sealing them into portions. Now I get 2kg every order which only gives me about 5 portions. 

2) packet of tianqi and whatever nots from the medical hall which I buy in bulk of 5 packets at $10 each. 

3) pork loin which I buy in bulk and portioned into 4-5 packets. 

4) boil water in pot and throw pork loin in when water is boiling. Transfer the pork into the slow cooker which is filled with the herbs and peanut roots. Pour the filtered boiled with pork water into the slow cooker. I usually cook just a bowl for her. 

5) serve few hours later, usually in the night. Then pour some hot water inside the slow cooker for 第二篇。Scrub the peanut roots over the kitchen sink backache and all, fingers wrinkly cannot just drink once. 第二篇 usually served the next morning. 


I stopped giving her at one point of time, just so tired from cleaning but she kept asking me for the “medicine”. My kids are weird, they grow up drinking all these chinese herbs. I re-started brewing this for her at her request, how long more will she look up to her mom like a saint and requests for things to eat. 
She won't grow any taller anymore (bones ossified in 2022?) so I’m brewing not for that purpose. 反正她要的是中药好料不是毒品、就炖给她喝吧!

No comments: