Friday, August 24, 2018

To HKG we will go

on PSLE marking days (15th to 18th). But before that a trip to the temple I must make. Haha! Pray that the teachers mark her correct for everything.

First thing first had to ensure that the man is not travelling on business. Don't care I chope the dates first. 

HKG wasn't the destination I had wanted to go initially. I'm sure she would want to go Tokyo again, our last trip was in Dec 2014 and I miss Tokyo. 

Certain reasons pulled me back ;
1) But so expensive lor ........ even Scoot's price is ridiculous. I was elated when I saw that some airlines offers cheap tickets to Tokyo, but there's 6hrs layover. There's a reason why the tickets are so cheap. I wouldn't want to spend 12 hrs travelling to Tokyo while with this same time I can fly to Europe. Hmm...... next year... depending on where che-che goes after her O's. Maybe we have a chance for a mummy and daughter trip? 

2) Che-che the jealous sort will start questioning why she gets a chance to go Tokyo on marking days when in 2014 we only went Bangkok. So to avoid any sort of confrontation, the flight time must not exceed 4 hrs. Actually I did consider Perth but to save the hassle of planning itinery now when I should be utilising the time for something more important gearing towards PSLE. I should be planning the itinery for our Dec trip!! I think I shall settle for something which requires less planning since it's a place we've been to too many times. Plus there's Disneyland in HKG, although we prefer DisneySea, HKG Disneyland is still a better deal for her. She won't lose out as long as she gets to see her Stella Lou and Cookie - the new additions to the Duffy family.      

3) Earthquakes : I know this sounds ridiculous having travelled to Japan countless of times and this is usually at the back of my head but I've been watching (haha! I should be watching stocks not earthquakes counts) and noticed there has been many news of earthquakes in Japan this year. So I think I shall avoid. 
Sourcing 
I'm one with the cheap deals, even after checking Cathy Pacific which initially has much lower fares than SQ. After the addon (ridiculous extra legroom seats for $75.50 each) coz the flights were full, it didn't make any sense to be booked on CX. Scoot - even if we did the flight + eat just for two.. didn't make any sense. I might as well get on SQ and be well - fed. No request for CHDML coz' lil' one don't really like CHDML. Then again, I might ask her closer to departure date. I wouldn't want to hear one girl keep telling me "Mummy I'm so hungry.... so hungry..."

Booked
So air tickets, hotel and transfers to and fro settled, travel insurance all settled.  

Trip in 2014 
Off-to-bangkok

This trip would be a more relaxed one coz' I have no more kids to worry about exams. I'm letting her go, she'll be on her own next year. Freedom for me!

No comments: