Friday, August 14, 2026

On This Day - (14th Aug) #Reminders from FB#

14th Aug 2025

https://www.instagram.com/reel/DLr8BgJhGIR/igsh=ZGVucjhjeHozenpl

Good idea! Maybe see if tmrw can sneak some time in gym, I shall try this. Provided no one else is inside.





14th Aug 2025

Bought yellow rose from CS to add to the vase, now it looks a little better. But I seriously need to attend a floral arrangement class,花好看可是我一摆就变难看





Argh! I accidentally broke one 😭. Cannot waste this $2.875




14th Aug 2025

I looked at myself in the mirror after washing the car, scrubbing the floor mats. So hot 🥵 but got nice nice natural blusher (doesn't look nice in the photo), I have no makeup now and look better than when I wake up in the morning. 😂

I'm still in my exercise wear so pardon for the

sloppiness. 可是看这个照片好像是..






14th Aug 2024
* added to my album : 13th Aug - Impressions of Monet
* with Che-che

Woah! I love this!

All my 3 loves in one place - paintings (trying to act cultured), flowers and classical music













If only I have that many flowers in my balcony. But it means I need to do lots of gardening. #iamsimplylazy# #ineedamagicwand# I want to buy flowers now .....




For some reason I have no idea why I like these colours.

Maybe it's the contrast between dark and light?

I've never heard of Camille Pissarro but apparently the street pic is painted by him 😅

Something that came to my mind, I may be wrong, so if any experts can enlighten me. Coz this painting somehow reminds me of Starry Night so was Vincent Van Gogh inspired by Camille Pissarro? Van Gogh's paintings were dull colours before. Wait! Who drew what first? Or maybe it's just a coincidence of blue and yellow.



Pardon me for humming to the tune

Music by Tchaikovsky, Debussy (I think coz .... I always can't rmbr the classical pieces but got Debussy style lah!), Ravel and etc... Don't ask me titles except for the Tchaikovsky's Swan Lake piece (coz I kena forced to watch ballet performance by lil' one)




The water lilies are so cute.




Some Monet paintings seen in MET recently. I saw some of his paintings in other museums, maybe in London or in Paris or in Amsterdam or in LA? I really can't remember.

Renoir - name sounds familiar. I may or may not have seen his paintings before.

Paul Cezanne - I definitely saw his works somewhere but just can't rmbr where.



14th Aug 2021 (Sat) 

Daily video call.

Kindda regret getting her Starbucks so late.

(Normally she can't drink coffee from afternoon onwards)

She's still full of energy 🦉 as I was talking to her n she didn't want to end phonecall. And I'm so sleepy…....🥱



She was colouring before I called.

She's really enjoying this, asked me to get her more colouring books

Showing me the next pic she's colouring


Showed me what she has coloured so far


My care pack for her today ... 3 treats + pics of her stuff toys & a card for her. It was suppose to be a bigger pack but seeing how many food n snacks she has received on a daily basis, I don't think I want to add it any more.

Should you, the readers, go into QO one day. My advice for you is to pack a half empty suitcase.🤣


"I know I should have brought Gelatoni along with me, so you cannot bully Gelatoni."


Our message after she has opened the care pack I gave her.

Muahaha! Easy mah...just take things from home since it's there. I didn't know it's hers to begin with!


Packing the cookies aunty wilma gave into the fridge


"I think I shall pack my things tomorrow."

Two things less for me to nag at her - Procrastination and untidiness. Actually see her room still ok, bed duvet is pulled properly after she gets up. Things are placed at where they should be n stacked properly.




14th Aug 2021

Early afternoon task


Picked up goodies from girlfriend, N.

Can't bear to destroy the nice packaging.

Wah....Nette, you tie the knots so tight! 😂

Parked the car and portioned out abit for lil' one. since she's holidaying somewhere, brought it to her instead.

A teeny weeny bit of beef lasagne, a bigger portion of cheese macaroni.

Smells yummy. I clean 😋 the cheese off the knife and

finger! Smells really good


And a really small piece of dark chocolate cake.

OMG! I almost forgot and wanted to lick the chocolate from my finger! Smells really good.


Then bought Starbucks for her. Ehh.... I hope she can sleep tonight.


Since I bribed her with her aunty N’s bakes n Starbucks, I think she wouldn't mind this homework pack right? Her evil mother never lets her off.


All ready to be delivered to her


Her homework!!

Haha! Let her do some colouring, definitely needs to relax off screen at some point right?


我是佩奇 (snort)

这是我的弟弟乔治(snort)这是我的妈妈(snort)

这是我的爸爸 (snort)

Reminds me of what she did in Shanghai.... 🤣



14th Aug 2021

She's shocked to receive this from Aunty W. "all look so tasty", she said.

She has one small stomach, one BIG happy heart.

Thank you W for the sweet message. Thank you once again for your kind thoughts.





14th Aug 2021

Why my ah-girl like pregnant lady like that? Got so many cravings? I didn't have that much cravings last time. 




14th Aug 2020


The reason why any diet plans that I go thru always fails ... so now I have no intention of any dieting 😜 Our supposed quick-quick-chop chop trip to Orchard saw us making a few stops along the way, gave in to temptations.



My fav lychee rose cake from Wonderland Savour


Che-che's bubble gum. Didn't have what she wanted so she packed 2 other desserts which she has never tried.

And we can't miss out packing the nottie girl's fav lava cake for her




14th Aug 2020

I never knew I would say this - I do miss putting on lipstick.🤣

Never had lipstick on since masking up days started.

I mean, I usually don't really put on make up. As l usually run out of the house after I shower, to pick girl/s from school. Then I'll put my 💄 in the car when 🚦turns red somewhere. But somehow I do miss it. 💋




14th Aug 2020


Time alone with the big girl after collecting her retainer.

#outtodayandstayhomefewdaysafter#

#fewplacestogoinaday#

#checkincheckoutremovepageandrepeat#




Something different this time, no Japanese please, so we went to Hans Im Glück. Pity dun hv her fav sausage.

(Immediately reminded myself she was quite unhappy in Germany when she saw so many food but had to take a long time to eat coz just had her braces on then)

Had a naked vegetarian "burger" myself. Not bad. We're given a set of varied sauces, and .....omg! the moment I dipped the fries in the sauce I'm brought back to the Xmas market in Germany. The smell! I miss 🇩🇪 Germany!



Went in BBWorks and gave her permission to buy her candles. It's like ritual, every year in Dec just days before our vacation, she'll be in that relax mode and start burning candles in her room. Then her 'pet' sister will sleep with her in her bedroom in that inflatable chair.

This tagline - find your getaway at home - caught my attention and I told her she'll probably need to get more candles this year coz we can't go US 🇺🇸 anymore.

And we can probably stock up on items since we won't be able to lug back some items. It's like we're making up for our lost trip. So we walked around the shop and it's so disappointing - they don't carry the fragrance that we're looking for here! Think another fragrance from the aromatherapy section is also not available here. Sigh.... how to rekindle the lost trip?





14th Aug 2019

Finally took the courage to get hydrangeas.

Colourful bouquet this time.

Brightening up my mid-week. Okay, zor-gang liao, time to start cleaning up house.






Flowers so nice, arrangement badly done, kitchen behind is messy 🤣



14th Aug 2017

It is with great sadness my mother-in-law left us this morning




14th Aug 2016


Chilli padi cannot eat her own kind. Haha!

Exaggerated expression just from eating Mee Rebus.




14th Aug 2013

So blardy exhausted! Add one ballet class, busy 2 days.

Bumped into a friend while running errands (in a rush) with a short time of less than 20mins, who envies me for being a SAHM. Say so relaxing and good to be one. OMG!! I almost wanted to screw her upside down. Good thing, she's not in FB.




14th Aug 2011


Selling Aricia's flashcards. They are home-made (sleepless nights), some purchased from online source. Amt spent on purchases = $250. My handmade ones are priceless. Now selling off for $150.

But have to come to my place to collect. Pass message around to your friends. Will hold for one week before I put up online to sell off.

Thanks!



No comments: